Chapter 3 - Ponyboy's Pov;

I was sitting on the couch with, Johnny. Him, and I, were watching some show, that popped on right when I turned on the TV. It was pretty interesting, though I don't understand why he doesn't just go for the hot Chicks, and stop chasing after that one girl. I mean, yeah, she's smart, and helps people out, but she's not even that good looking. Well, maybe better looking than me.. But still!

Johnny looked like he was deep in though, as he stared into space. I don't know what he's thinking about, but it must be important to stare at a whole wall. He was pretty cute when he looked like this, but I would never admit it to anyone. And especially not to him.

I've always felt a sort of way when I was with him. Like a stronger emotion than when I was with Cherry. Cherry was a pretty girl, that I had been crushing on since middle school.

She was a Soc, though. Plus, she was dating Bob Sheldon, so that's even worse. If he knew I liked her, he would kill me, and I mean kill! I would be absolutely dead, and buried right in his backyard, to show not to mess with him. He's fucked up like that.

I felt Johnny's eyes on me suddenly, but I continue to look at the TV. I don't want to interrupt his thoughts. He's probably thinking about an old memory, or how much he wants to leave.

He didn't want it come here in the first place, but I can't stand him being cold and alone, in the lot. I can stand seeing him hurt, or crying. Whenever he's hurt, I am too, because its horrible to see him like that.

He didn't have the best life growing up, but neither did I. None of us did, but I felt even more horrible for Johnny's. His parents don't even notice him. Their own son!

I feel bad for him, so I'm always with him, to make sure he's alright. I know he hates being alone, so even if he doesn't ask, I go anyway. Though, tonight wasn't the case for that, because he did ask. He was nervous when he asked, but he still asked. Which, is a start.

I finally look back at Johnny, and his face is quite red. Well, it might just be the TVs reflection, but it might not be. It was a usual occurrence now a days. He was probably thinking of a girl or something.

Maybe Marcia. We had sat next to her, and Cherry, at the movie house. Dallas was messing with them, and then left a few minutes later. He didn't even finish the movie.

Dallas, or Dally, is apart of our gang too. He's the more tough one. He grew up in New York, until he moved down here. He had a gang back there, too. But, he told us he was locked up a lot there, so he didn't hang with them much.

But, its just cool that he actually has a relationship with all of us. Anyways, back to the story. We were at the movie house, and when Dally left, Cherry was kinda ticked off by him. But, she asked Johnny, and I, to sit next to her, and Marcia.

They're best friends, and real pretty. But, they have boyfriends. Randy, and Bob. The two Socs that I can not stand. Absolutely not. They're little rich kids that use their daddy's money for cars and stuff.

When we sat with them, Johnny sat next to Marcia. He looked like he was enjoying it for the most part, so maybe he has the hots for her. She is a babe.

He quickly looks away from me, and stares back at the TV. The show had gone off, so it was playing some old ass movie. I don't know what the name was, but it was pretty good. Old, but good.

I see his hand shake, as it sits on his leg. His legs are shaking too. I look at him curiously, and grab his hand. It still shakes in my hand, as I rub it softly with my thumb.

"What're you thinkin' about?" I ask quietly, and give him a soft smile. His eyes meet mine, but they don't stay there for long. He pulls his hand away, and moves a little down the couch.

He covers himself, and his face with his blanket, and looks back at the TV. He looks nervous, like a school girl with a crush.

He doesn't have a crush on me, though. I know that much. I know he's got the hots for Marcia. I know even if he did like boys, he would probably go for Dally, since he's way for tougher than me. Way more handsome.

I mean, if I liked boy, I would totally go for Dally. I don't though. I can't, because if I did, Darry would kill me, and I would be even more of an outsider than I already am.