Did I really need to meet you?

I was scared I must admit, scared of the unknown. I mean, I was born here in Chicago, but I grew up in Bulgaria. The language wasn't the problem, I can freely say that both English and Bulgarian are my native languages. Yan, my two years older brother, only spoke English when we went back to Bulgaria. Even today he prefers speaking in English rather than Bulgarian. Him and I usually speak in English, but our parents only speak Bulgarian to us. Nevertheless, I was scared how other Americans are going to accept me as myself and how am I going to fit into society and the whole system.

~~

The house we moved in was smaller than the one we had in Bulgaria and the last one we had had in the USA. However, Yan and I had separated rooms and that was the only important thing in that moment.
School started 10 days after we came here. I felt so much anxiety. Firstly, because my life depended on all my grades. Secondly, because I was scared that i won't be accepted by others. LIKE, I WAS SEVENTEEN. I wasn't neither a child nor an adult. I didn't know how my life should look like. Besides, I had no choice, I had to take a deep breath and show at school. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect there, but it wasn't that bad as I thought it is going to be.

~~

Yan had an old friend from the primary school he went here in the USA.
-He said- "Leo is coming to us this evening. We didn't see each other long, long time."
-I asked- "Who is Leo?"
-He said- "Leo is a friend of mine. We went to school together, we were good friends. He is leaving 10 minutes away."
-"Oh, great."- I was happy and sad at the same time when I said this.
-"At least Leo has a friend, and me... I don't know anyone, I am going to be strange, lonely girl. Uh, we should stay in Bulgaria."- I thought.

~~
I heard the doorbell. I looked through the window, I saw a tall, good-looking, blond guy standing in front of our door. It was possible to see through the window, because my room was on that side of the house.
-"Is it possible that a guy is Leo? No!?" - I laugh- "It's not possible that Yan has that handsome friend."- I was thinking.
I looked down through the window again, but he wasn't there anymore. Maybe Yan let him into the house. I needed to know if that is Leo, so I went downstairs. From that distance he looked even more beautiful.
Unexpectedly, that was Leo.