Tick. Tick. Tick.

I knew the clock was ticking. I needed to stop Hinata before he did something he regretted... And fast. As soon as I realized my mistake (thanks to the help of Kokichi, of course), I started sprinting towards Hinata. "Stop, please, Hinata! I didn't mean it, I-" I stopped suddenly as I tripped over the cement. I went down headfirst, and before I knew what had even happened, I was knocked out.

Hajime POV.

I was going to prove them wrong. All of them. I'd finally make my parents proud. For once in my life, I'd be... Loved. I wasn't going to let some stupid Ultimate Luck ruin this for me..!
I walked into the building's entrance, being led into a back room. Signing papers as fast as possible, I was put into the surgery room. "This won't hurt a bit," they assured me, before knocking me out.

~•~

"You're finally awake. The procedure went smoothly, but you'll need to live on campus for our studies and tests." It was bright. Too bright. I didn't want to stay there anymore. I just nodded in response to their words, but I tuned most of them out. The lights hurt my eyes, and I closed them.
Eventually, I was allowed to walk around, although everything looked a bit duller. It may have just been the night, but it all seemed different. As I looked around, I saw someone sitting under a tree, their head in their knees. They seemed familiar, but I couldn't place them... They looked boring.
I walked past the tree and they looked up, their eyes red. "Hinata... Is that you..? What happened to your hair? Oh, Hinata, I'm so sorry..!" The person jumped up and hugged me.
"I don't know who you are, or who Hinata is. Leave me alone," I responded, shaking them off and starting to walk away. "So you're Izuru now? God, what have I done? But... That means you're the Ultimate Hope, doesn't it? Oh wow, oh wow!" He was rambling. I was sure he was delusional.
I decided to look him up and down quickly, getting hit with another familiarity pang. He looked like a lost puppy that had been kicked too many times... Interesting. Maybe he's not as boring as I first thought.