Chapter 1: The beginning

I awoke in our private jet. Me and my family were going on a trip to France for our yearly family vacation. As I look around everyone is asleep. I wasn't tired so I decided to enjoy the scenery. Being in the sky is so unreal I wonder if I could ever touch the clouds. I bet they're fluffy and soft, kinda like marshmallows. But who knows. We'll just have to wait and see won't we.

It was exactly seven o'clock. No more blue skies or fluffy clouds, just the moon and what it seems to be dark grayish clouds. The bright crescent moon reflects upon the waters as we fly above them.

It's pitch black everyone's asleep but I seem to be awake for some reason. I unbuckled my seat belt and got up from my seat. Not one of my best ideas. What else am I to do lay there in darkness staring into what feels like eternity to no end. All that accomplishes is bringing up old memories that should be entirely forgotten.

That's the last thing I remember doing before everything becomes an absolute blur in my mind.

"Osiric, Osiric time to wake up its morning." Said Chantria as she raises the shutter off the window. She's Eleven years old yet acts quite mature for her age.

"Is it morning already how time flies."  I look out the window, the bright sun once again shining brightly onto the clouds once more. I have always wondered if the sun and the moon have an effect on the clouds or are they simply just different. A new one each day and night. That is just my own speculation who knows the true answer. It's too early to be thinking such things.

I got up from my seat and went to eat breakfast. It was toasted bread with melted butter and a side of scrambled eggs the usual.

"Osiric your up quite early." Said my mother without taking a glance away from her newspaper. You could say I look more like my mom. My mother was a short woman with dark long black hair that reaches at shoulder length and light brown eyes. I didn't get the memo with the long dark black hair. I inherited my father's chestnut hair.

"Well all thanks to my lovely sister who decided to wake me up."

"You sleep in all the time bout time you woke up early, look, isn't it a fine morning." Said chantria. She does this every trip we take. I should be the one to wake her up. But it is a fine morning I must admit.

"Sometimes I wonder how old you truly are. You definitely don't take after me." That's true sometimes I wonder if she's an old woman in disguise who says fine morning at 11.

"Buckle up kids." Announced the Pilot. That never gets old considering my father is the pilot and flies us everywhere.

That's the last I remember of that day before everything became an absolute blur. Just fragments of what seems to be wholesome memories.

Wholesome memories of our time together before the incident. I wonder what things would have been like if things were done differently. I guess that's something we'll never know.

"Osiric, Osiric!!." Hmmm

"Osiric, Osiric!!"

That's my sister's voice. Why does she sound like she's panicking?

I slowly opened my eyes. "Chantria, where are you, Chantria." I call out to her but I'm hearing no response. Didn't she just call out to me? Hmm weird.

I looked around and it hit me I'm not on my parents private jet anymore. Just a dark gloomy room that looks well if I'm to be honest haunted.

Like seriously who wants to stay in such a room. Not the point, the point is where's my family and where am I.

I quickly got up and I felt a sharp pain on my head. I gently touched the top of my head. Seems to be a bandage of some sort and definitely I smell blood. I look around to try and find a mirror.

No mirror, just an old washed out table that has a lot of coffee stains on top. Or at least that's what I assume it to be. Not to mention the bear rug that I am now realizing I'm standing on. I gasp is that a dead possum. Really a possum.

Ignoring that I continue to look around this room is quite out of the ordinary. Talk about a lot of dead animals. Assuming an actual human being saved me. Why would they put me in here? Just a table with a rug and that's it. Nothing else, just an old vintage type room.

Let's see I turned around and oh at least there's a door. I walked over to the door behind  me, again ignoring the other possum on the wall next to it. I gently opened the door as quietly as possible. But to my surprise the aroma of the air is very refreshing.

"Woah. Not all what I was expecting." Big tall green trees, blue clear skies reflecting upon the waters. It felt like spring. A waterfall in the distance splashing into the streams. Birds chirping all around. Birds are carefree, without problems, worries or a care in the world. That's what my mother used to say.

I could feel the color draining out of my face as I looked down. I am almost fifteen feet off the ground and I'm worrying about scenery. Beautiful scenery I must admit but this is too high. I glanced to my right and would you look at that a ladder. I slowly moved to the right so as to not fall. Gently holding the two sides I started to climb down.