Chapter 3: House warming?

Creeping out behind the door, there seems to be someone not only drenched in rain but in worn out clothing as if they were ripped apart.

"Well, doesn't he seem a little under the weather." I tried my best not to laugh, but it was too funny.

The room filled with utter silence.

"Really, Osiric, really." she says while moving further away. Am I really the only one who thought that it was funny?

"If you're wondering if you're the only one who thought it was funny, you're correct. As a matter of fact, it was horrible, terrible, the worst I have-

"Okay I Got it, I got it. Was that truly necessary."

"YES!!!" They both yelled at the same time.

Well, okay, then it seems my jokes aren't appreciated. His voice, though, is quite high-pitched as if someone kicked him in the-

Definitely not important. By the look on my sister's face, she also thought of the same thing.

"My name is Rion." he says, taking off his cloak. Rion, hmm, not at all what I was expecting. I wonder how he got here and why he is here. Maybe he's the owner of this place. Then again, who knows.

"As you can see, it's raining, so I came upon here to rest a bit till it calms down."

"You all don't mind, do you." We both looked at each other a little confused surely. He doesn't think we own this place. I can see why he would think so, considering the situation.

"Sure, we don't mind, but we also came here to rest. We're not the owners."

"Wait, you both aren't the owners. Is this place deserted then."

"It seems so we thought the noise we heard earlier was you, but now we're not so sure anymore."

We Headed back to where the noise was coming from. We all just stay in silence for a while. Something just doesn't make any sense. If it wasn't any of us, then who was it? I glanced at Rion, then back at the symbols. A glowing light on his hand catches my eyes. He has the exact symbols on the wall on his ring.

"Rion, that symbol on your ring, what does it mean?" I say, pointing towards his ring.

"I am not sure this was given to me by my older brother as a birthday present." He touches the ring, caressing it up and down.

Wait, why haven't I thought of this. Everywhere I go, I see those symbols. Whenever they're around, something weird keeps happening, for instance, when I was at the tree, when coming to this house, hearing the noise, meeting my sister, and then here meeting him.

Coincidence or on purpose? While all these questions are running rampant in my mind, both symbols started to glow.

"Your ring is glowing." Said Chantria as We all stood there shocked and confused. the house started to shake and rumble. The symbols on the wall spread like wildfire , and all of sudden, everything stopped.

"What was that all about?" As if she was shouting from the top of her lungs.

A sort of jingling sound

We both looked at Rion.

"Don't look at me. I have no idea whatsoever of what's going on." I hardly doubt that he has no clue about anything he has been acting quite suspicious. When people lie, they tend to fiddle with the closest thing next to them. Well, at least from my observation.

Whatever it is, he's hiding slowly. I will figure it out, but as of now, there are more important matters at hand. Like that sound.

We crept slowly near the sound. The door rattled.
Walking forward, I felt a sudden push. I fell to the ground, and the rattling sound seemed to stop.

Everything went silent. All you could hear was the rain pouring down. something felt strange, oddly strange as if everything was not strange enough.

Both Rion and Chantria were gone.

Were they not right behind me? i thought to myself

All of a sudden, I felt a stinging sensation, and everything went pitch dark.