CHAPTER 289 TO 292

CHAPTER 289 - A PROMISE AND A BRAWL

One second, two seconds, three seconds…

It wasn’t until twenty-nine seconds that the space in front of the Gravity Room warped, and You XiaoMo finally appeared in front of everyone. As soon as he was out, he collapsed to the ground, panting.

He had used up all his soul force, almost overtaxing himself. He didn’t have the strength to move even a finger anymore. He was happy about being able to break the record and even lasting over thirty minutes. As for his image, he seemed to have lost most of it.

Then, someone walked in front of him. You XiaoMo raised his head, panting. It was Ling Xiao.

Ling Xiao bent down to help him up. If it wasn’t for the audience and You XiaoMo’s disapproval of such actions, he would’ve picked him up directly. Though he was often rather domineering towards his lover, he would still occasionally respect his wishes.

Under Ling Xiao’s support, You XiaoMo stood on shaky legs. After a beat, the entire palace rang out with applause like thunder. Amongst them, BaiLi XiaoYu and Jiang XiaoFeng clapped the hardest, as if they were the ones to claim first place.

The Fifth Elder stroked his beard, nodding in satisfaction. He waited until the clapping died down before stepping forwards, smiling as he said, “You XiaoMo is first place in the second competition. Since he broke the record, we will award him six points. His total is twenty. Joint second place goes to Chai Zheng and Qing Qiu, third place is Teng ZiXin, fourth is Tong YueXu…”

Hearing the Fifth Elder’s announcements, You XiaoMo couldn’t prevent the excitement from showing on his face. He had finally managed to gain a stable position in the top three. He was certain that even if he didn’t manage to get a high score in the third round, he could still keep his place in the top three.

This result was something many people hadn’t expected. Though they knew You XiaoMo would do well, they hadn’t thought he would break two records in one go. One, being Teng ZiXin’s record, the other being the Gravity Room’s record.

The Fifth Elder continued to speak, “The third round will occur in the afternoon. The place is the arena. This round will be important as well, so I hope that everyone can attend in their best state. Alright, you’re all dismissed.”

After the competition was over, no one was preparing to stay much longer. The third round would be in the afternoon in a few hours, so the crowd dispersed bit by bit.

You XiaoMo left the palace with Ling Xiao’s support. When they arrived at a place with less people, Ling Xiao suddenly bent down and picked him up.

“Wait,” You XiaoMo nervously looked around. There were few people in this area, and he breathed a sigh of relief when he didn’t see BaiLi XiaoYu or Jiang XiaoFeng.

Ling Xiao smiled, eyes curving, “Are you that afraid of others knowing about our relationship?”

You XiaoMo shrunk a little into himself. Though he had accepted the reality of their relationship, he was still a little awkward with the idea of letting others know.

Ling Xiao teased the other as he walked, “No matter if its practitioners or mages, cultivation requires a free, open spirit. Only then can you become the crème de la crème. Having too many worries like you do now will make it harder for you to breakthrough.”

You XiaoMo half anxiously, half doubtingly asked, “You aren’t tricking me, right? Is it that serious?”

Ling Xiao glanced down at him from above, asking, “You think what I said was illogical?”