Meeting One Another

I was in college at Backsupmore University and were studying about weird occurrences that happen on Earth. The main dean at the college came beside me as I was continuing with my studies. "Excuse me, Miss. (L/N), we have a new student coming in and he is very smart in skipping high school and into college." I smiled as I looked up from my book and saw a young man with brown hair, glasses, and wearing a turtleneck sweater. "Hello there! My name is (Y/N)", I held out my hand to him.

"My name is Stanford Pines," he held out his hand. I looked at his hand and saw he had six fingers on both hands. I shook it gently and smiled at him. "Wow you are the first girl who has ever shook my hand without screaming or running away." "I don't mind your hands. I think they are amazing!" I blushed at my exclamation. He let out a soft chuckle as he settled in his dorm room, which was beside mine. After a few months, we got to know each other while learning about our studies of the strange and bizarre things in the world.

Eventually, we graduated school and got a lot of money for discoveries. Stanford and I were inseparable to the point of moving to Gravity Falls, Oregon. We built a house to help with our studies. Stanford went out getting artifacts while I kept on the lab work. "I got more and more artifacts, (Y/N)! Height altering crystals, gnomes that can talk, and unfortunately annoying unicorns. But, we got artifacts about this crazy town!"

I got very excited as we hugged each other about the discoveries of Gravity Falls. I blushed as I held his hands together. "O-oh! I'm sorry about that." Stan blushed as he placed his hands in his pockets. I smiled as my heart was pounding in my chest. "Am I falling in love with Stanford? No, it can't be. Can it?" The upcoming weeks grew more and more bizarre as we were trying to find more research, eventually hitting a road block as to why these occurrences were happening. So Stanford called upon Fiddleford McGucket, an old classmate of mine and old pal of Stanford.

Eventually we got building more bunkers and more computers as Fiddleford worked in computers in California. Something was going on with Stanford as he kept spacing out or mediating. He kept every note in a set of journals, but he has since hidden two of them in a secret location for some reason. I went out to get some groceries and more notebooks for me before Fiddleford came running out of the house.

"Don't...let Stanford...complete the....portal...", he said clearly shocked and afraid as he was shaking close beside me. "Fiddleford, what happened? And what portal?" Fiddleford ignored me as he ran away from the house. "Fiddleford, wait!" I went inside the house and placed the groceries where they needed to be. "I can't believe he left! I need to have this portal ready! He promised me good things to come!" I looked at the doorway as Stanford looked tired and horrible.

"Stanford, what is going on?!" Stanford took a breath and looked at me. "Listen (Y/N), there are things that you can't understand like I do. I met someone who said he can help with my studies and why I was born the way I am with my abnormality." I raised an eyebrow at this as Stanford was hitting down notes very quickly into his journal. "Stanford, please. Fiddleford ran out of the house in pure shock. What happened?!" Stanford quickly got out a postcard and wrote something down quickly to send to someone I don't know about.

"Stanford!" Stanford ignored me until he put the postcard in the mailbox to be sent. "(Y/N), I need someone who I can trust to let me build a contraption from our world to another dimension." My heart ached as Stanford went back inside to continue jotting down notes. The following two weeks came as snow began to build and we heard the doorbell ring. Stanford held a gun to him close by as he pointed it at someone. I didn't bother asking why he has a gun to be pointed at a person as he'll ignore me.

"Well hello to you too, little bro. So you finally need me after all these years?" Stanford pushed the man to our bunker as I grew suspicious. "(Y/N) can you leave us two alone for a bit?", Stanford said as he glanced back at me. I grew impatient of Stanford ignoring me and not letting me know what happened to Fiddleford, but something told me to not get in the way of his own studies. "Um sure. But Stanford I wanted to-" "Yes, yes you can tell me later," he brushed me off as he went downstairs. I was left alone upstairs with my heart aching to tell Stanford how I truly feel about him. I know he can be a hard person to work with as he can be a workaholic, but I still love how he is after all these years in Gravity Falls and out of college. I decided to check up on the situation and went downstairs.