Meeting the Pine Twins

Your POV
We got a phone call about Stanley's niece and nephew were coming over for the rest of the summer from Piedmont, California while their parents were away. We waited until we saw the bus come by. The bus opened with a boy and a girl who were twins. "Hey kiddos," Stanley said as he greeted them with a hug. I smiled warmly at him smiling for once. "Oh uh hello there Great Uncle Ford," the boy said awkwardly. The one with a sweater was very happy and looked at me. "So who is this Grunkle Stan? Is she your girlfriend?" I blushed as I shook my head.

"No, no! I'm just a friend of Stan to take care of the shack. My name is (Y/N)." "Aww my name is Mabel and this is my brother Dipper." Dipper waved to me as I helped them both to the bedroom in the attic. "Sorry about where you kids will be staying. There isn't much room for all of us." Mabel was quick with a glue gun and posters to help with decorating their room. I went downstairs as I saw Stanley minding the shack business. We hired Wendy, a red head teenager and Soos, a handyman for repairs in case something breaks. Stanley was happy to make a lot of money for "not real" artifacts.

Stanley and I were working during the day, but at night we tried desperately to bring back Stanford. Without all the journals, the portal wouldn't start back up. "I wish we had all the journals, Stanley," I said as I sadly looked at the defunct portal. "I know, (Y/N), but we mustn't give up. However we cannot under any circumstances tell anyone about this. Not even Mabel or Dipper. I don't want them wondering down here and getting hurt." I nodded in agreement as we quietly went back up to the shack. We hid the entrance by using a vending machine so no one would find a mysterious way to the portal.

It was midnight as Stanley and I went up to tell the kids goodnight. We peered into the attic and saw them fast asleep. The trip over here from California must've tired them out. I covered Mabel up and Stanley turned off Dippers light. I smiled warmly as we closed the door. Stanley looked at me as we headed to our rooms. "You like my niece and nephew?" I smiled at his question. "Of course. I always wanted to have children of my own. Stanley turned to me as he quirked an eyebrow. "So why didn't you tell my brother that you loved him?"

I sighed as I looked up at a picture of Stanford. "We were so caught up in finding the oddities of Gravity Falls and Stanford wanted to build the portal to another dimension." I shook as I felt tears come into my eyes as I remembered what happened to Stanford twenty years ago. "Hey it's going to be alright. We will find a way to get the portal working again. We just need to find those journals," Stanley held me close as I wiped away my tears. "What about Mabel and Dipper?" Stanley sighed as he looked at the vending machine that lead to the portal underground.

"We can never speak about this for their safety. I don't want them going down there and accidentally restarting the portal." I nodded to Stanley as he walked away to the gift shop and smiled at the money he earned today. I sighed as I walked back to Stanfords bedroom like I do every night. I don't touch anything or go through his belongings. I left his things alone for the past twenty years since he disappeared into the portal. Even then, I am brought by so much emotion by losing Stanford that very day. I looked back at the empty room before leaving with tears spilling down my cheeks.