Chapter 4

After spending sometime with Raina and Anokhi, Shaurya left to meet Sanya. He entered her cabin and they started talking.

"Sanya..i will bear all the expenses of Anokhi's treatment. Do whatever it takes to save her. Raina has asked something from me. its her first wish. I want to fulfil it, so that i have the courage to look in her eyes in the future and she shouldn't hold any grudge against me" Shaurya spoke

"But Shaurya ..its a fact we can't save her..." Sanya spoke and felt a lump forming in her throat. Anokhi had become like a sister to Sanya. She had seen her in pain and friends that are formed in the times of pain are true friends and Anokhi had that friend in Sanya.

"i want to give myself the satisfaction that i tried my best, that i gave my 100%..to save her, to fulLfil Raina's first wish for me...plzz i beg you, do everything possible, and don't worry about money. Its all on me" Shaurya said emotionally. 

He had always craved for a child. His wife never bothered to care for his wish. And this resulted in constant fights . He chose to end his relationship with her, because a relationship which doesn't give you any happiness, is not worth your time and money. They were parasite- like women fattening themselves on his money. He had just begun looking for adoption when Sanya informed about Raina. He thought adopting a child who is going to lose her mother would be worth it. The thought itself sounded like a divine providence. And he was smitten by Raina in the first look itself.

"But Anokhi will never agree for your help" Sanya said sceptically

"usey bataenga kaun??" Shaurya asked rhetorically raising his one eyebrow.

[ who will say her ? – translation ]

Sanya nodded understanding his meaning and Shaurya got up to leave but he turned back and smiled "tell your husband that i want the baby but not at the cost of her mother.." and he grinned. Sanya rolled her eyes at the mention of Ahir as her husband and not his best friend and he left.

...

Time started passing swiftly. Shaurya visited Raina everyday with either a chocolate or a toy and used to play with her and listen to her talks which mostly centered around her mother and a little about her school and studies too. Slowly and calmly Shaurya had made a place in Raina's world and to a much greater extent in Anokhi's life. 

Anokhi had developed a likeness for Shaurya much because of the care and love that he showered on Raina. She noticed him to be kind and compassionate. For Shaurya Raina had become his world. And about Anokhi...well she found a place in his every thought.

On the other hand , Sanya and Shaurya's secret mission was on full swing. Shaurya used all his contacts round the world about any possible treatment for Anokhi. But it had been 4 months and he hadn't got any satisfactory reply. Once her condition worsened, and another session of chemo was done. All this was taking toll on her health. Her body had nothing, it had merely reduced to a skeletal frame. But Anokhi had an unusual calmness. She was now satisfied that Raina is in safe hands and she can die peacefully now. She had no desire to live now and this was worrying Sanya, as the desire , the to live is very important for a cancer patient to keep going.

One fine day, Sanya discussed this with Shaurya.

"Anokhi doesn't want to live now, Shaurya. Her talks , her behaviour are reflection of this...i am worried she will give up even before time..." Sanya spoke sadly . But the words hurt Shaurya. 

He did not know about this change in Anokhi's attitude as she had started talking very less to Shaurya. He thought that since her health is not good that is why she doesn't like talking, moreover , he was ok with it as at least she was alive and in front of him, but little did he know that Anokhi was actually trying to keep him away from her because she couldn't bear the pain in her heart , which was much more than the physical pain that cancer was inflicting on her.

After talking to Sanya, Shaurya went to Anokhi's room. The door was unlocked , so he walked in without knocking but this startled Anokhi , who was crying silently half lying on bed. As she saw Shaurya , she quickly wiped away the tears. But it was too late and Shaurya had already seen her tears.

Raina was writing cursive a, b, c in her notebook. Shaurya called a staff and asked her to take Raina to Sanya and convey the message that Shaurya is talking to Anokhi , so keep Raina with her for a while'. Raina obeyed and went with the staff. Shaurya closed the door and turned to Anokhi who was till now silent like a scared rabbit as she had seen the anger in his eyes.

Shaurya took big steps and reached to grab her by her shoulders 

Shaurya - "kyu kar rahi ho tum aisa??" Anokhi was taken aback by the intensity of his eyes as he looked into hers for answers. Anokhi winced in pain when , getting no answer, he  had tightened his grip on her arms. Shaurya immediately left her and sat down beside her on the bed. "bolo Anokhi kyu kar rahi ho tum aisa?? Tum kyu jeena ni chahti?? Bolo...bolo na..." he again shook her for answers but she didn't open her mouth and those tears just kept falling from her eyes. Shaurya got up from the bed, frustrated.

[ why are you doing this Anokhi ....say na ...why don't you want to live - translation ]

"Raina...sirf tumhre bare mein baatein karti hai...her world revolves around her momma...but uski momma ko koi fikr hi ni h..." he tried to instigate her and finally she spoke but just one line.

[ Raina only speaks about you are world revovles around you .,....but here her mother doesn't care about her ] 

Anokhi - "haa, fikr ni hain...kyu ki aap hain uske paas, uski fikr karne k lye" she said 

[ Yes i don't care about her ....because you are there for her - Translation ] 

"Anokhi, Anokhi, Anokhi...ase ni hota hain...ase give up mat karo...plzzz...and always remember no one can take a mother's place " he pleaded again sitting on the bed opposite her

[ Anokhi ...this can't happen you , can't give up like this - Translation ] 

"mere paas koi reason ni hai...give up nahi karne kai lye" she was speaking all the while looking down,avoiding his eyes, afraid that he might read her emotions.

[ I don't have any reasons ..to not to give up - Translation ] 

Shaurya shifted close to her and held her chin between his fingers and forced her to look into his eyes "agar mai tumhe reason du toh??" he spoke lovingly and the dam of tears just broke down from Anokhi's eyes, but she didn't speak a word.

[ What if i give you a reason to live ?- Translation ]

"kya tum mujhe wo reason bana sakti ho...jiske kai liyeh tum jeena chaho...jiske kai liyeh tum apni sanso ki dor thame rakhe rehna chaho???" Shaurya spoke and for the first time in his life he had tears in his eyes. But today that insensitive, stone-hearted Shaurya was crying, crying for a woman whom he loved.

[ Can you make me the reason ...a reason so that you can live , for whom you can or want to breathe - Translation ] 

"Shaurya plzz...aap mujhe khud se mat joriye...mera bachna namumkin hai..." she wanted to say more but Shaurya shushed her by putting his finger on her lips.

[ Shaurya please , don't connect me with you ...i can not survive  - Translation ] 

"future mein kya hoga...mujhe ni pta...par hum apna aaj toh jee sakte hain..main tumhre sath wo har khushi mehsus karna chahta hun jo maine pehle kabhi bhi nahi kiya hu..plzz..mujhe aur khudko ...ek mauka do..." Shaurya said holding her hands like he is praying to her. 

But what Anokhi did next shocked Shaurya 

To be continued ....

*******************************************************************************

Hi everyone

Hope you all are doing good

Here is the chapter 4

What do you think Anokhi must have done ?  [ btw  ..aap nai dimag pai zyaada zoor mat lagana for this  ] 

Do share you review's in the comment box or dm

Thank you

Bye

Love - shakhilife