Chapter 8

Warning - Please Keep Tissues in hand 

.....................................................................

Shaurya's  phone started ringing. But it seemed he didn't hear, so Reya's husband patted his shouder "Mr .Sabherwal your phone!" he said and Shaurya picked up the call

"daddy! Daddy!" Raina spoke hysterically over the phone. Shaurya panicked.

"Raina ???? what happened princess? Is mommy ok???" Shaurya asked and kept his hand over his heart. He was feeling an excruciating pain over there.

"daddy.." Raina tried to speak further but she hiccupped and Shaurya lost his patience, and for the first time in 5 years he shouted on Raina

Shaurya "Raina ! Will you tell me what has happened!!!!"

Raina shivered but spoke in one go" mommy was having difficulty in breathing. So i first called the ambulance of which you had given number and then now i am calling you..." she spoke and Shaurya felt the ground slip within his feet. "daddy! Ambulance has come they are taking mommy. I am with her. Please come soon. I am scared " 

"princess, i will be right after you. Just take care of your mommy" Shaurya spoke in a lifeless voice as he knew Anokhi was gone this time. He cut the call and asked Reya to come with him. She agreed and her husband too. Shaurya was in no state to drive, so they took him in their car.

On reaching the hospital, they made their way towards Anokhi who had been shifted into the operation theatre. Raina was crying hysterically in Ahir's arms . She had called up everyone she knew. That's why Ahir was there and Sanya inside the operation theatre. As she saw Shaurya , she ran to him and hugged his waist.

"daddy!" she sobbed. Shaurya patted her back and gestured Ahir to hold her. As Ahir pulled Raina away Shaurya kissed her forehead and walked away to talk to the doctor

"doctor can i please see my wife for a few minutes before you operate. Please" Shaurya asked. And doctor seeing his condition nodded. Shaurya walked inside and saw Anokhi's chest heaving up and down due to the laboured breath. He said nothing. He did nothing. He just stood there as if trying to sketch her face permanently into his mind. There was no time to question, no time to argue. Only a few moments to love and get loved. He moved forward and placed a kiss on her forehead. His lips lingered there and tears trickled down her eyes. As Shaurya stood beside her , looking at her, she removed the oxygen mask and spoke her last words, or it would be correct to say, her last wish. 

"save the baby Shaurya , please and if its a boy, name him ISHQ and if its a girl... ISHIKA" she spoke and took a sharp laboured breath "i love you and i will always do" she said holding his palm over her chest and her body convulsed. The nurse present there put back her oxygen mask and rushed to call doctor. "i love you too and will do till my Last Words , Anokhi !" Shaurya whispered, kissing her palm.

The doctor came in and Shaurya spoke emotionlessly "save the baby"

He came out and sat down on one of the bench. Ahir  tried to stop Raina from going near Shaurya  but she didn't listen and sat beside Shaurya keeping her head on his arm. Speaking nothing. Shaurya didn't move. He was dead , only his soul hadn't left the body.

90 minutes later , all the doctors came out. Shaurya and Ahir both got up for an answer .

Dr - "the baby is premature, so we have kept it in incubation and..."

"and...?" Shaurya  asked

"we couldn't save your wife. I am sorry but she is dead."

The body came out on stretcher to be kept in the morgue room. one look at the face of Anokhi, pale and cold, the tempest that had been forming inside Shaurya all this while broke all barriers and came to fore, tearing the hearts of all the acquaintances present there. The sight of Shaurya  falling on the floor right on his knees was heart wrenching. Raina patting her mother's cheek and wailing "mommy utho na...mommy...please..aap nahi uthoge toh mujhe school kai liyeh kaun ready karega? Kaun mujhe meri galtiyo pe dantega...mommy aap sun rahe ho?? Mommy!!" was a sight no one would ever want to witness in their lives again.

Shaurya pulled Raina into his arms and took her in a bone crushing hug. Both father-daughter hugged each other and cried , cried like anything. Sanya bent down wiping her tears, so did Ahir, even a little boy, who was Raina's classmate came forward and consoled her.

"Shaurya , you have to be strong yaar...you are not alone...you have people to look after...the new born baby ..think about him yaar, uski kya galti hai?? You can't punish him, right??" hearing that Shaurya broke the hug and looked at Ahir

Shaurya - "him??? Is it a boy??" Shaurya asked and Ahir nodded smiling amidst his tears.

"Ishq " Shaurya murmured and a fresh set of tears trickled down his eyes.

Sanya picked up Raina in her arms "chalo beta, apne chote bhai se ni milna tumhe?"

"but mommy??" Raina asked hiccupping.

"beta mommy nai pta hai mujhse kya kaha operation theatre mein...mommy ne kaha ki..Raina ko bolna ek achi sister, ek achi daughter banne...apne bhai aur daddy ka khayal rakhne...aur hamesa khush rehne...she will become a star now and keep vigil on you...if you cry she will think you didn't obey her...do you want to make her sad??" Sanya cooked up a story to distract Raina's , as Raina bobbed her head, Sanya took Raina to the incubator where her brother is.

Meanwhile, Shaurya decided to first perform the last rites of Anokhi only then he would see the baby.

"but Shaurya , her parents are on their way..." Ahir tried to speak but was cutoff in mid by Shaurya .

"Ahir i want to release her from the ties of this world. She has suffered so much in her life let her rest in peace at least after death please " 

...

Shaurya came back after the funeral ceremony, and directly went to see his son. No one was allowed to touch him. So he watched him from a distance and tears kept flowing down, remembering their moment together.

Flash Back

"Shaurya i want a boy" Anokhi would say all the time.

"arey but why?? I want a daughter.." Shaurya had countered her one day.

"we already have a daughter na, so i want a son...one daughter and one son...it will be an ideal family" she had answered dreamily and Shaurya had frowned.

End Of Flash Back

"your wish has been fulfilled Anokhi , but Sanya told me that you didn't even live to hear that it's a son , it was a baby boy , our baby , Anokhi " Shaurya talked to himself, tears had not stopped,

Shaurya - "see, he has my eyes and lips but a cute face like you...he is our son! ...I promise , i will make our children, Raina and Ishq...best human being, just like you wanted...so wherever you are just stay happy and in peace! And always remember "

"I Love U Anokhi And Will Do Till My Last Words "

..................

THE END

.................................................................................. 

Hi everyone 

Hope u all are doing good 

And i hope the plot was ok ?

Please comment and vote ....it's  the last chapter please   

And sorry to everyone especially CuteSammyyy who wanted a happy ending but i couldn't due to quiet a lot of reasons ..hope u all understand .

And i would  like to dedicate this chapter to deeps shakhi_heart because tbh ...i was not going to update this chapter any time soon because of few ppl who were being rude in watty dm  ..but after speaking to her i was like ...this is nothing in front of that danda niya aphard 😂 . 

Loads Of love to all of u 

Take Care 

Bye will meet u all soon in the ongoing stories or new stories  

Love - Shakhilife