clary - secret

I did not edit this a lot, so I'm sorry if there are many mistakes. I hope you're having a wonderful day and I hope you'll enjoy reading this. 

xx me

~~~

You have been Clary's girlfriend for three months now. It seems like the whole shadow world knows your a lesbian, but Clary has never dared to come out. You don't want to force her into something she doesn't want to do, but it's killing you to have to pretend to be her platonic friend. That feeling is made infinitely worse by watching her get sent on dates with guys from all over the shadow world. You see, Izzy has a strong passion for finding Clary a boyfriend. You can't help but feel some jealousy when you see the (apparent) attractiveness of some of the men, although you know you are not competing against them, with her being gay. Nonetheless, you endure it. You have to respect her decision to wait. You don't have to like it, though. 

One night, when everyone is away on a mission, you and Clary plan a date night. You put on some silly romantic comedy. A few minutes into the movie, you can feel someone staring at you. "Yes, Clare?" Once you look into her eyes, she leans in and kisses you. It's an innocent kiss at first but it gets more passionate as the minutes pass. "Miss me that much, huh?" You say as she pulls away. "Well, we haven't had any time alone in the past few weeks. So yeah, I've missed you." 

"Well in that case," You say, lifting her to pull her onto your lap. She moves her hands to the back of your neck and pulls you in for another kiss. She moves down to your neck, sucking on the sensitive skin and making you gasp. You lean back, giving her easier access and you move your hands to squeeze her ass. This continues for a few minutes until a very loud scream interrupts your little make-out session.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!" Clary jumps up from the couch and starts muttering swear words under her breath. "I'm sorry for interrupting?" Jace continues. "Just shut up, Jace." You snarl at him. "Jace. Please don't tell anyone!" Clary says with despair. "Please!" It feels like someone just ripped your heart out of your chest because Clary made it very clear that she's ashamed of you. The rational part of your brain knows that's not what it is about, but that can't change how you're feeling. You decide not to say anything, though. Not with Jace watching your every move. 

"I don't know if you know this, but I am on a call with Izzy and Alec, and they've probably told Magnus and more. So I'm sorry, your secret is out." Clary gets ready to storm and attack Jace, but you hold her back. "Don't, babe." "But he-" "I know. But look at the bright side, Clare. You won't have to tell anyone because they all know. And if they don't accept you the way you are, I will beat the shit out of them." She wants to argue with me, but when she looks into my eyes, she takes a deep breath and falls back on the couch. 

"On a more serious note, I'm really happy that you two found each other. And we're all sorry that we ever made you feel like you couldn't tell you. I'm proud of you, Clary." Clary folds her arms in her lap and doesn't look at him. The angrier she gets, the more your feelings about her being ashamed of you pile up. "Say thanks, babe." You whisper in her ear, trying to contain your feelings. "Thank you, I guess." "Oh, and I should warn you about the party Magnus will throw because of your gayness." Jace says, making you laugh. When you see that your girlfriend hasn't moved, the negative emotions come flooding back. Clary is not entirely convinced yet, but she can't help but let a little smile show on her face. "Anyway, I just came to get my stele. I'm sorry for interrupting your... activities." 

The moment Jace walks back outside, you shoot up from the couch and let out a scream. "Why the hell are you so ashamed of me?!" "What the hell do you mean?" Clare matches your tone. She also gets up to stand in front of you. "You practically begged Jace to shut his mouth about us! You begged him not to tell people I'm your girlfriend! Do you really hate me that much?" Tears are leaving your eyes and streaming down your face at this point. "It's not about you! It's about the girl in girlfriend. You know that!" She also has tears in her eyes as she tries to explain herself, but you won't listen to her. You won't listen to anyone. 

"That doesn't make it fun to know my girlfriend is ashamed of me!" "I'm not ashamed of you!" Her words are hard to distinguish. You're both fully crying and the words are struggling to leave your mouths. But after the time you've spent together, you can understand each other perfectly. "Yes, you are! You just showed me!" "No, I'm not! I couldn't ever be ashamed of you! I love you!" "Well, I love you too!" After you've exclaimed your love for each other, the words ring in both of your ears. "That's the first time you've said that!" "Yes it is!" 

"Come here." She practically jumps into your arms and kisses you deeply. "I. Love. You. So. Much." You say in between kissing her. She pulls away for a second. "I love you too. So much." You hug her as tightly as humanly possible. "So we're not a secret anymore? We're officially girlfriends?" "Yes, of course we are!" You sigh happily, finally feeling at peace.