Prologue

The air was still as no wind danced in the dark, dank corridors of the abandoned transit station. Hearts beated quickly as fear and testosterone poisoned the air. Lucy Chen, a police officer for the LAPD was currently undercover as Makenna Garius. Miss Garius is a ruthless hitman, and when she's assigned to a kill they never even find the body. Lucy was stationed in New York for a few as she was tracking a major client, but her search brought her back home. She was due to meet with the man himself, so she went ahead and pre-warned her previous partner Sargent Tim Bradford. A man who she cared very deeply for in more ways than one.

Lucy had stood in the abandoned station waiting for her employer when a strange man approaches her. He was far from the description she was given. Lucy places her hand on her hip, which was also where she kept her concealed gun.
"Can I help you?" She asks him.
"Yeah. Boss says you cleaned everyone up for him...so now you aren't needed." He states simply.
The man quickly pulls out a gun and fires it. The gunshot rings throughout the corridor. Lucy ducked behind a nearby pillar, quickly pulling out her phone.
"Tim! It's me. Move in!" She states quickly.
Within seconds SWAT filled the tensed area, taking down the shooter within moments of arriving on scene. Once she heard it was clear, Lucy steps out into the open. She was sweating but brushed it off as her fear finding a way out of her human husk. Sargent Bradford emerges from the group of armored men. Upon seeing him Lucy smiles. Before she left for New York she had planned on telling him how she felt in case she never survived, but she did...she thought.

Lucy grins as she watches the tall Sargent approach her.
"Hey Sargent Bradford." She chuckles.
Her body kept getting hotter, and soon her vision began to blur. She felt her legs go out, and the last thing she heard as she fell into her Sargent's arms were: "Lucy, you've been shot."