N o P r o m is e s

*Listen to "Look after You" by The Fray*

"Oh, c'mon c'mon! Get out already!" Shouted my restless friend, Sabrina. "Victoria, hurry your arse up!" She was already outside of the car, hurrying me up. I'm not the best person to depend on to stay up all night as she's expecting me to.

"I'm going! Calm down!" I shouted to her as I stepped out of the passenger's seat.

"Don't you hear it?! Hey! They started playing already! And we're not there!"

"Sheesh, don't have a panic attack if The Rogue started without us. You'll most likely survive"

"But my boyfriend is playing up there! I don't want to miss his performance" Sabrina & I were walking down the street now to the pub a few stores away. "I also promised I'd get there early"

Well how has that worked out for you? "Don't make promises you can't keep Sabrina" I said catching up to her speed walking. Damn her extra long legs.

"Okay, so I thought I would be able to manage an early day at least once in a lifetime... But I guess not in this lifetime"

" No worries if we'll never be the early bird type Sabrina. The second mouse always gets the cheese"

She genuinely smiled at me "Thanks for trying to make me feel better" She observed me from head to toe. "You didn't even wear much & we still took long"

"Who's wearing the dress & 10 kilograms of make-up?"

"Right..." She observed her purple dress as she traced it's fabric then looked at me "In my defense, you just have a blouse & jeans on. Not even natural make-up"

I took my mint chapstick out of my pocket at showed it to Sabrina "That doesn't count Victoria"

"You & your standards" I mumbled under my breath as I opened the door to the pub, stepping inside. You could smell the alcohol in the atmosphere and the neon lights glowing as the music played in the background of a couple of conversations between strangers. I like this pub better than the one a block away from the Uni. I get a vibe of comfort here. Always invited sensation.

"Hey, hey, Victoria" She shook my shoulder "I'm gonna go see them play closer. Wanna come?"

"Uh, no I'm good" I avoid crowds at any cost. An always unwritten rule.

She left & I scored a seat at the bar as I saw The Rogue play from a distance. One of the band members caught my eye. He wasn't the lead singer. Or the drummer. He was playing the piano, taking an occasional look to the crowd.

He looked up, scanned the crowd. He saw me. We made eye contact & his attention continued lingering to my direction. The only one direction he was focused on. My heart beat faster.Brown...? Blue..? Green...?From the distance, I couldn't tell what color his eyes were. I put my best bet on hazel eyes. He must have Hazel eyes.

The lead singer put the microphone to his mouth. He has this song all to himself. "What's mine is yours to leave or take"

His eyes hadn't left my direction.

Wait, Is he singing to me?! I looked behind me. No one was there.

"If I don't say this now, I will surely break"

Maybe I should talk to him.

"When I'm losing my control this city spins around"

Maybe he'll ignore me.

"You're the only one who knows"

Maybe he'll be bloody charmed.

"You slow it down"