One thing

The cold night breeze smacked me right in the pace as I exited the airport, scanning outside for my sister's Navy Blue car as I passed one after another after another. Astrid's car was no where to be seen. I narrated inside my head. Her navy blue car is nowhere to be fou- Oh, there it is!

My eyes ran past the license plate, not paying attention much, only scanning for an 'A' as the first letter. And there it was. As my hand reached for the door's handle, the car continued as it was in park before. I laughed to myself. The year I was studying abroad and she still made me run for the handle. Hell, even with luggage lagging behind me.

The navy blue car came to a halt and I opened the car's door. Astrid wasn't driving. It was someone unknown to me. "Oh, geez! Sorry, sorry, sorry!" I cringed at opening the door to another automobile. How stupid of me to assume it was Astrid without checking the license plates "I- I got, uh confused. Um, wrong car..." The bloke driving looked familiar. "Louis?" I raised an eyebrow. Why had he come to the airport?

He mouthed my name in disbelief, as if I came back from the dead. Which might I say : I didn't.

Louis took his sunglasses off, then leaned over to get a closer look at me. I felt uncomfortable, as if I were a science experiment. Which might I say : I was.( Which is a completely different tale I'd be glad to tell later.) He then took off my sunglasses and examined my features.

"Jesus Christ! It is you! Come on, get in" He then moved out of the passenger seat area for me to get in. I tossed my luggage in the back seat, " You look like you came from another world! I remember when you left. You were as pale as a vampire, now look at you! You're as tan as those American beach surfers."

I nodded at his misleading information, "So Astrid sold you her car...or..?" You could miss a lot in a year of absence.

" Oh, no, she didn't. I offered to pick you up while she was off doing... I don't remember what it was that she was doing, but she seemed very busy when I saw her at Uni."

" I've sure missed you!" I pointed out and Louis' face lit up.

" You have?!"

"Of course I have! In the year I was there, I didn't meet anyone from Europe. At. All."

" You miss my accent?" He asked a bit less enthusiastic.

" And your perkinesss!" I hugged him from the side as he drove, but he couldn't hug me back, only taking a glance at me before back at the road.

" So how did you live without me for a year?" I asked, truly interested as I felt my heart swell up in glee. I finally got to hold him again. After an entire year. The fact that I had liked him more than friends didn't help, at all, but I- I was fine now.

He gave an uneasy laugh as I pulled away from his warm chest. " I um, eh. Went to Uni" He bit his bottom lip. That was all her could manage, the best he could say.

" Well, what did you accomplish this year?"

"I um, Astrid set me up with someone to get... Over a girl"

"Oh..." I stated glumly.

Damn her. I've never met her, but damn her for stealing Louis' heart. Why couldn't I steal his the way he stole mine?

" Why did you need to get over her? "

"B- Because she left me"

She got his poor fragile heart and ripped it into shreds. I'd better hope she doesn't come crawling back.