We Meet Again

Hey readers! Holy crap. 26 VIEWERS??? AFTER 9 DAYS??? I'm so happy, I never thought this would reach people, but the fact that 26 of you took time out of your day to read my story means the world to me. Thank you so much for your support!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been super busy with life lately. This is also a shorter chapter, but I'm aaaaallllllmost done with chapter 3, which will be a bit longer so stay tuned!

Oh another thing I forgot to mention: most of the story will be from Ben's perspective. So unless labeled otherwise, the chapters will be from Ben's perspective.

Thanks!! 

-randomuser570

He stared at me for a fraction of a second, then flashed me a devilish grin. "You're cornered, Ripley."

I sighed. I knew this would happen. I took a deep breath and put on my most intimidating facial expression. "Bad idea Murray. You have no one to do your dirty work, and heaven forbid you do it yourself..."

This was enough for Murray. My sarcasm must have pushed him over the edge. He pinned each of my shoulders to the wall. "I don't need them," he hissed. "They have been nothing but trouble to me, and I can take care of you myself."

I tried to wriggle away, but his grip was surprisingly strong. I just stood there, hoping that by some miracle, I'd find some secret ability I didn't know I had, to release Murray's death grip on me.

Then I heard something behind him. "Paws off, Hill."

Erica. I was so happy to hear her voice, yet so angry at her at the same time.

Murray barely turned around before he collapsed due to a sharp kick to the nether regions. He fell over, howling in pain.

Erica stood over him, holding a dart gun.

"Allison?" Murray stuttered.

"No." I said, stepping over Murray to join Erica at her side. "Erica."

She smiled at me, then turned back to a writhing Murray. "You mess with the bull, you get the horns." She then fired the dart gun, nailing him in the thigh. He passed out, groaning with pain.

Erica didn't say anything at first. I was half hoping for a deep heartfelt apology, but I instead got a, "Go get Mike and Zoe. We need to get out of here."

She then hooked her arms under Murray's and started to lift him out of the bathroom. She started to at least, then after a few attempts, gave a grunt of annoyance and looked back at me.

"Forget Mike and Zoe, we'll get them in a second. Come give me a hand."

I knew that Erica could easily carry an unconscious 14 year old boy, but then again, Murray wasn't an average 14 year old boy. I was annoyed, but I knew better than to defy Erica's commands. I reluctantly grabbed Murray's legs and helped Erica haul him out of the bathroom.

We hurriedly dashed out the front door to the car where Catherine was waiting-I assumed Erica must have made some sort of covert contact before she appeared in the bathroom-and threw Murray in the secret compartment in the back of her minivan. Erica and I then went back into the party room to gather Mike and Zoe.

Mike had found a group of attractive girls, about our ages, and was flaunting his suave attitude. It seemed to work on the girls, as they were batting their eyes wildly.

Erica leaned in towards my ear. "How do they blink so much?" she whispered to me. "I'm surprised their eyelashes don't fall off."

I laughed.

Erica walked over and grabbed Mike by the shoulder. "Alright Romeo, this episode of 'The Bachelor' will have to wait."

Both Zoe and I started to laugh. When Erica wanted to, she could really be funny.

Mike however, did not find this very funny. "I wasn't flirting," he whined. "I was just making normal conversation! I have a girlfriend already!"

"Half of the reason I dragged you out." Erica shot back. Mike was dating Trixie, who happened to be Erica's sister. Once she got over the fact that he kept their relationship from her, she had become very protective. When I asked her about it, she said, "I don't want Mike to hurt Trixie." I understood. Mike could be very flirtatious sometimes.

We finally got Mike and Zoe to Catherine's minivan, and sped away into the night. Erica sat in the passenger seat, while Zoe and I got the captains chairs. Mike was tasked with sitting on top of the secret compartment, in case Murray regained consciousness while we were driving.

Erica was just finishing briefing her mother on the events of tonight. "...Overall, the mission went pretty smoothly, but..." she trailed off.

Catherine looked at her curiously. "But what, darling?"

Erica glared at me through the rearview mirror. "Other than Ben almost blowing my cover, nothing."

I gaped at Erica. Did she just throw me under the bus? It's not as if I was already in enough emotional pain.

Surprisingly, Catherine didn't say anything to belittle me. "Oh Erica, he hasn't had formal classes like that yet. I'm sure it was an accident." she smiled at me through the rearview mirror. I couldn't manage a smile back. I turned to the window, and watched the buildings slide by.

"Mom, you don't understand, he-" Erica started.

"Uh-uh. I've heard enough." Catherine replied.

Erica sank in her chair, letting out an exasperated sigh.

No one spoke the rest of the car ride. Even Mike, who was still peeved about being assigned guard duty, didn't utter another complaint, sensing the tension in the car.

We finally reached the hotel, after what felt like three years in a silent, tense car. In reality, it was only 12 minutes.

Mike and I went to the trunk to unload Murray. Erica stopped us. "Don't. It'd look suspicious to drag an unconscious body in a hotel, plus that tranquilizer will keep him unconscious for a good 48 hours, at least."

I wasn't so convinced, but I didn't feel like getting into a fight with Erica at the moment.

We got a room on one of the top floors. I had to admit, the view from the windows were pretty awesome. Washington DC was really beautiful at night, the bright lights sparkling down from the city, it almost made me forget about my moral dilemmas. Not quite. I didn't even want to talk to anyone. I just wanted to sleep, maybe I'd feel better in the morning.

It was then I noticed I was still wearing my fancy suit and bow tie. I was too exhausted to go through my suitcase to find some more comfortable clothes, so I just took off the jacket, bow tie, and red Converse, and unbuttoned my white shirt. I fell asleep shortly after my head hit the pillow.

My dead sleep managed to last for a good 45 minutes. Before I came to spy school, I was a really sound sleeper. My parents would tell me that I had always slept like the dead, ever since I was a baby. Since coming to spy school however, I had become a very restless sleeper. I had just woken up for the umpteenth time that night, when I heard something in my room. I rolled over, meeting the ice blue eyes of Erica Hale.

AAAAAAND thats chapter 2! It's really short I know, but the next one is longer, I promise :)