1

Juliette's pov
I wake sighing hearing my sisters hopeful thoughts, her writing in that diary. Aunt Jenna's nervousness about her meeting and Jeremy's upset thoughts. The only time it shuts off a bit is when I'm asleep. I sigh and shower and dress in

I leave my brown hair the way it is and grab my bag and head downstairs just to hear elena trying to talk to Jeremy but he doesn't respond

I leave my brown hair the way it is and grab my bag and head downstairs just to hear elena trying to talk to Jeremy but he doesn't respond. I smile his way "Jer" his head picks up and I walk over and hug him and he responds. Jeremy and I are closer compared to us and Elena. Even though her and I shared the same womb. There's a lot she doesn't know. Not yet anyway.

The only ones that do know about it is Jenna, and uncle John. I know Jeremy is tired of Elena's harping. Sure he shouldn't do drugs. But he's smoking weed. I made him promise me that that's all he's doing. I'd be able to tell if he's lying. And he's not so I back off. It's not like I don't smoke it too from time to time. Jeremy doesn't know all of it but he understands my need for being alone. It's been 4 months since the accident. But that's not the only reason I need to be away in my room a lot.

Elena says "Jules" "elena" I say back.  Our relationship has always been this way. We're twins but she just...doesn't like me much if at all. I hug Aunt Jenna as she leaves and she mutters "if you need to leave school you can sign yourself out. I worked it out with them" I nod and she kisses my head before leaving. I ask Jeremy "want a ride?" Knowing Elena's going with Bonnie.

He nods and we head out to my car

My dad left it to me. I drive us to school and take his hand "be safe Jer" I tell him gently. He nods and kisses my cheek "of course" we get out my car and grab our things and I pause hearing a thought. It can't be. Jer asks "are you okay?" I nod "yeah I'm alright...just thinking" he nods "if you need anything I'm here" hugging me before leaving. I go to my locker and close the door and I'm walking down the hall when I bump into a chest and I freeze seeing flashes. Animals dying, names on a wall, guilt. I say "sorry" and I look up and see him. Stefan. I gasp "Stefan" he smiles seeing me "Jules...it's been a while.." I ask "where is he?" Looking around and he touches my shoulders "he's not here it's just me Jules. I'm sorry" I nod and he asks "how have you been Kiddo?" I chuckle "not so great...but I'm dealing" "what happened? Did someone hurt you?" He asks. I tell him "you already know...you pulled us out of that lake Stefan" he nods "I'm sorry for your losses" it shouldn't have to be this way.

"No one else knows about...you know?" He asks I shake my head and he asks "then what do they think your last name means" I say "I'm just a Gilbert. And my middle name is Salvatrice" he chuckles "do they not know what it means?" "They never asked" I shrug. He nods "I'm sorry we haven't been there Jules" "don't be...I know why" I shrug. He sighs "I'm hiding of how and who you truly are isn't how you should have to live...you're still a kid. You should be able to be one" "don't worry about it Stef. I'm alright." I reply walking to my first class...math...ew.