3.

tw: violence

tw: violence

Sneaking out wasn't fun for Jorja like it was for Kiara and JJ. It stressed her out more than anything. But that night, Pope waited just outside the window for her. And Pope being involved changed everything.

He stood next to her window, holding out a hand to help her climb out, then helping her quietly shut the window behind her. They stayed silent, withholding their laughs as they ran all the way to the docks, where John B, JJ, and Kiara were already waiting.

"Let's go!" John B whispered. Jorja and Pope hopped on the USS Pogue, and they took off towards the beach.

"Careful," Pope said. He placed his hand on her waist, steadying her as she stumbled towards the seats. She looked up at him, and he smiled. "If you fell over, we'd have to leave you."

"You'd leave me?" she laughed.

He shrugged. "We'd have to. Or else we'd be caught."

"You wouldn't get caught," she told him.

"You scream so loud when you touch cold water," JJ said. "Half the island would probably wake up."

Jorja shushed him.

Pope sat down, keeping his hand on her waist so she steadily got onto the bench seat next to him.

"If I got out, I'm taking everyone with me," Jorja told them. Kiara chuckled, and handed her and Pope a beer. Jorja smiled as Pope opened hers for her before handing it over.

The wind whipped at her hair. The motor of the boat was loud, so they raised their voices to speak to each other.

"I'm impressed," Pope said, shoving Jorja lightly on the shoulder. "Didn't think JJ would be able to convince you to come to the boneyard. Thought I'd have to head in."

Jorja blushed as he jokingly placed an arm over her shoulder. "Well, I only came because he said you would be there." She spoke in a joking tone, but her words were true. So true. She felt his arm stay on her shoulder. So, so true.

"I'm hurt, Jorja," Kiara said, mocking offense. "I thought we had a plan today. We're finding tourons to flirt with, remember?"

Pope took his arm away, opening his own beer now. "Oh, yeah," Jorja said, awkwardly. "But, you know, maybe we should catch up with the boys too."

"The boys will also be flirting with tourons," John B announced loudly as they got closer to the beach.

"What?" Jorja looked at Pope. "Really?"

Pope shrugged. "JJ thought it'd be good for me to practice my flirting."

Jorja's eyes found JJ immediately. The blonde boy leaned back, sensing the hidden anger in her gaze. He put his hands up, "Hey, hey, hey. Not my fault. Have you heard Pope's flirting? He sucks at it, he starts talking about dead bodies."