29

MICHA knocked on his door, quietly angry that her parents let her go. Yet she was happy to receive the compliment that she was listening to their rules well that she can go over for a bit.

She didn't want to see Jaemin. It hurt her more. She couldn't get the thought out of her head. Was she really burden? It had been the lingering question, and her answer kept changing. Yes she was - No she wasn't - Yes  she was - No she wasn't - It kept going on and on until she would end up sleeping the thoughts off.

Now she was back at his house and trying to get herself to stay calm. The door opened and Jaemin smiled brightly at her. She noticed the blinds were all closed and instead there were fairy lights on, she could see them twinkling in the lounge room. She looked at him with a raise eyebrow and stepped inside. She took her shoes off, still remaining quiet until she followed Jaemin and saw it.

The lounge room had her friends and jaemin's parents. All standing with smiles on theirs faces. She put a hand over her mouth as her jaw dropped and eyes widened. Everyone started singing happy early birthday and revealed the cake to her. The candles illuminated a orange glow onto Youngmi who was standing proudly with the cake in the centre.

Micha walked towards her and as they finished the song, she blew the candles out. Everyone cheered and even micha clapped with them, happy with the surprise they gave her. Yet only seconds later Haechan was hugging her tightly and youngmi placed the cake down, whining about how she wasn't able to get the first hug. Haechan teased Youngmi and picked Micha up, spinning her as she clung onto him for her life. He put her down and she was suddenly in Youngmi's arms who was practically crying about how her friend was leaving her for two weeks.

Yujun hugged her and then jeno did, micha looked around at everyone with smiles before noticing they were all looking between Jaemin and her with confused eyes. Jaemin walked towards her and gave her a quick hug before pulling away and looking at the others who smiled approvingly.

Her friends went to grab their gifts off the couch and suddenly Micha was wrapped up in a new persons arms. She quickly realised it was Jaemin's mother who was hugging her tightly while cooing at her.

"Happy birthday- Well early birthday!! When you get back you should come over for dinner."

Micha smiled warmly at her, also smiling Jaemin's father who instantly agreed. She just wished she could tell if their intentions were good or not.

She sat on the couch as per her friends orders and had presents put into her hands one by one. first gift was from Jeno, it was a jumper and a t shirt that Jeno himself customised.

"You should be a designer."
Jeno smiled a sweet eye smile and asked if she liked it, which she of course said she loved it. She truely did love it because it just so happened to be her favourite colour.

Haechan got her a gift card for the shopping mall nearby and he also got her a bracelet. He was quick to show her his own bracelet which was the same but had a different pendant. She instantly put it on and gleamed happily and the matching bracelet.

Youngmi got her cards to beauty salons and nail shops, along with a perfume. She mentioned how she wants to have a day out with micha where they get make overs, hence the cards. Yujun gave her money inside a funny card along with a few her favourite snacks she loved. She noticed they were the ones he was going to buy her that one time before she made him stop.

It was then time for the last one, Jaemin. She rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and walked towards her, handing her a small box that had a card on it.

Micha smiled and took the card off, about to open it when he quickly wavered his hands.
"Don't read the card." His cheeks blushed pink as he had just flustered himself even.  "Not here."

Micha hummed, also feeling a blush crawl onto her cheeks as she put it aside. She opened the necklace and saw it was a diamond one, it gleamed a pretty silver and that's just when she happened to notice how familiar it looked. She raised and eye brow and looked at Jaemin. He awkwardly looked at his feet that were shifting.

"I saw the picture of it on your vanity. I assumed you wanted it."

"I did.. thank you."
She was flabbergasted. Shocked, and even blush on her face. The necklace was the exact one she had been wanting for years but never bought it since she didn't want to spend so much on a necklace she might break by accident.

The group of friends made a few noises of "ohhh's" and "awww's"

Jaemin walked off quickly, going to the kitchen and only retuned when he had plates and cutlery with him. Micha walked off with the necklace, going to the mirror they had in the hallway and looking at herself. She put it up to her neck and smiled. It was so pretty.

She didn't notice she had been standing there for a while until Jaemin was behind her.
"Shall I help you put it on?"

Micha avoided his eye contact through the mirror and instead passed him the necklace. She looked at the ground as she grabbed her hair and held it up.

She felt his arms move around her, then the necklace rested on her neck. She looked up and saw him concentrating on the hook of the necklace. She moved her hair and rested it on the side of her neck as he worked on the necklace. He smiled proudly once he got it and rested his hands on her shoulder as he looked into the mirror and at the necklace.

"It's pretty. I understand why you wanted it so much." He said, looking up to her eyes and smirking when he saw her blushing. He removed his hands off her shoulders and gestured her towards the lounge room, where they were cutting the cake up for everyone while mourning Micha, as if in the two weeks she was gone, was a lifetime without her.

She looked at Jaemin and remembered the call they had the other day. Finally she remembered and paid attention to the words he said.

"I care about you." Seemed to be the one that a sticked in her head the most. Yet for some reason she remained with her thoughts of what if I am burdening them.

But a birthday celebration should never be sad, so she shoved her thoughts to the side and enjoyed her last day with them until they see each other in two weeks time.