𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚖𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚢𝚘.

𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐩. | book 1
of ᴛʜᴇ ᴀꜱᴛʀᴀʏ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ.

‟ 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝,𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡

𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝,
𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡.

— SLUMP, Stray Kids🎶

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ∙⋆⊹⋆∙ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

【 𝙵𝚄𝙻𝙻 𝙳𝙴𝚂𝙲𝚁𝙸𝙿𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽

2021, SEOUL.
SHINHWA HIGH.

"Strange, dangerous creatures, exhibiting alarming symptoms, have surfaced on the streets of Seoul and other places including—shh—cheon and Gwangmyeong—"

The scratchy static voice of a news anchor buzzed. It was a nation-wide alert announcement that was being broadcasted on every frequency on every radio that had survived the first wave.

"—ports say that symptoms include nose bleeding, body tics—shh—ite eyes, severe nervous blood clotting, deformation, hostile aggression, and the manifestation of abno—shh—cannibalistic tendencies."

As the voice continued to speak into the dreadful silence of the room, his voice became more fretful, urgent, ominous, leaving no room for jest or joke.

"The state has ruled in favour to implement martial law immedi —shh— t he government is actively mobilizing all available resources to address this crisis. Emergency response teams and medical personnel are on high alert, working tirelessly —shh— t o assess the situation and provide necessary aid. However, due to the magnitude of the outbreak, assistance may take some ti me to arrive. Citizens of affected cities are advised to barricade shh eir homes, and remain indoors as necessary precaution until rescue operations can be run."

"Please," The static voice cracked, but it wasn't because the radio was breaking it. There was genuine fear restrained inside the quivering octave of his tone, "Stay safe until help arrives, everyone."

Cities are falling into disarray, citizens are confused and protests are imminent. The nation's biosecurity dwindles with each passing hour. No one knows how the disease first originated, but it's spreading fast, and turning everyone into mindless monsters.