𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

⋆ 。゜☁︎ 。⋆ 。゜☾゜。⋆

prologue
THE END APPROACHES.

⋆ 。゜☽ 。⋆ 。゜☁︎ ゜。⋆

.

.

.

0256 Hours, Incheon.
YoungGene Park International Institute of Research.

Silence, they say, speaks louder than words. Inside the YoungGene Park International Institute of Research, situated at the outskirts of Incheon, this saying reflected much more prominently in the lives of the doctors and patients.

There was silence in the smell of death that heavily stained the hallways.

There was silence where the once well-lit and clean white walls were now covered with blood— to such an extreme extent that one would think they were originally a deep crimson.

There was silence in the scattered body parts that lay amass on the tiled floor, or the limbs covered with tattered pieces of cloth, an odd eye or finger, and pools of blood. So much blood.

There was a heavy silence inside the otherwise usually busy institute, which hinted at a secret blunder— by the hands of arrogant researchers. Something that would perpetually disturb the ecosystem of the entire world itself.

It was an unforeseen, unintentional mishap. A genetic error in the code being administered to patients, or something of the like. A little trip of alphanumeric syntax that could very well tilt (unfavourably) the historic trajectory of how we defined the norm.

Perhaps it was predestined. It would have happened sooner or later.

The hidden lab, neatly tucked between the maze-like building, had seen one too many casualties. There was bound to be a joint revolution. Or worse, a successful experiment.

The fruits of this confidential research had finally been reaped, yet no one was left to celebrate it. No one— except the ones who were experimented upon themself. Unfortunately, they no longer had the humane mind left for joy.

The silence was heavy indeed.

Mixed with vengeance, hatred, murder and so much more.

There was so much left unspoken, unseen, unresolved. There was so much mystery surrounding the repeated abuse. The illegal work of scientists. The unknown outcomes. Yet one thing was clear.

Whatever the researchers had spawned inside that lab, with their world-class technology and funding, was worse than Satan, himself.

It was calamity; catastrophe; the cataclysm of Earth as we knew it.

It was the End. And the End was approaching.

.

.

.

⎯⎯⎯⎯ A/N ⎯⎯⎯⎯

pretty dramatic for my taste, but how was that?

I don't want to give away TOO much about the apocalypse backstory yet, but heheh, here's a little somethin'. I'm curious, though:

Any theories?

Er, also like idk anything about Korean geography other than what google maps taught me, and I figured incheon was close enough to seoul, which is the main location of our story. the road distance between them is 33.8 km (apparently) which is pretty decent, yk?

Also this is a serious question:

HOW IS MY WRITING.

I have a bad habit of writing lengthy paragraphs and I am trying to cut back because I know none of us like reading loooong paragraphs filled with flowery english, I am so sorry about that lol. I may be sassy here in my author notes but i'm a total shitless doormat irl. I need positive affirmation!!! Lemme know if its okay😭

hit that ★ button pls. its gonna make me more motivated to update this stupid story🥲

xx ENVI.

.

.

.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓

FIRST CHAP COMING SOON
 AUGUST 1, 2024❗️

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛