Chapter 11 || Tyler Finally Learns His Lesson

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed. This would have alarmed me if not for the distinct scent that I had gotten so used to in the last few weeks.

This must be Ty's place.

I pushed myself up and looked around. The bedroom was sparsely decorated. Only the necessary furniture was set up and most of it was a dark mahogany color.. Getting to my feet, a wave of dizziness hit me and I had to lean on the wall until my vision was normal again.

I took a quick inventory. There was a small bandage wrapped around my head covering a bump on the back of my skull, but otherwise everything else seemed to be in order. That was when I finally noticed the shirt I was wearing. It was huge, nearly reaching down to my knees. What had happened to my clothes?

It didn't take me long to find them, or rather what was left of them. They were stacked up on a chair, and to my dismay, the pants and shirt were ripped and covered in holes.

Well, at least my underwear is still intact.

I tried to get the picture of Ty checking my wounds and switching my shirt while I was unconscious out of my head as made my way to the door and pushed it open. The hallway was filled with a delicious smell coming from the other end, so I followed my nose, which ultimately led me to a big kitchen.

Ty stood in front of the stove when I walked in. The embarrassment I had felt earlier quickly vanished when I noticed that he was wearing an apron. An apron. I tried my best not to giggle at this unexpected sight of him, so I quickly distracted myself with the food he was making. My stomach growled when I saw the dishes that he'd prepared.

There was an odd look on his face at the sight of me, but he covered it quickly. I wasn't even sure if I saw it correctly. He gave me a quick once over before pointing to a chair at the table next to the kitchen isle. "Sit."

For once, I followed his order without protest. He filled up two bowls before sitting down next to me. We ate in comfortable silence. I must have been very hungry because the food was gone in seconds.

I leaned back and nudged Ty with my foot. "So, what did I miss?"

"Your brother showed up."

I froze, my eyes widening in shock. I quickly scanned the living area expecting Kieran to pop up from behind the couch cushions, his spear ready, grey eyes flashing in anger, but no sign of my overprotective brother could be found.

Ty's eyes twinkled with amusement at the sight of my panic before he quickly filled me in. "At the auditorium. He showed up right at the end. When I realized it was him, the teleportation circle was already activated."

I was silent for a few seconds, memories of the fight and my brother's entrance flashing through my mind. So, the cat was out of the bag now. "Wait, what do you mean teleportation circle?"

"After Riven and I finished our talk, he found out that somebody in the guild told on him. He gave me the tip of the hidden instant teleportation stone in the auditorium, but when I went back for you, you were already gone." He crossed his arms, frowning unhappily at me as if I was the one who broke our deal. "What even happened? It looked like the whole floor got destroyed."