ㅡ『13』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 13
A reunion
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

SEBASTIAN IGNORED ALL of the wondering looks from the people around him as he pulled on the parking lot. A mix of awe and curiosity decorated their faces as they observed the new student.

For some reason, the vampire hated for this day to come. It was the first day of classes. Even though he did not want to be there, Sebastian did like being punctual.

The young man was still minutes early from his first class. He has time to spare. Just in time, the small device from his pocket rang. As usual, it was Kate Denali.

"It's 8 am, and I am not in a mood for your antics." He started, not even bothering to greet the blonde woman. "What do you want?"

"Oh wow, you do not sound so happy" Kate snickered, "What's up?"

"I am wearing a hoodie and a denim jacket, my suits are crying in my closet. My car is being gawked at, I'm actually attending the hell hole called school, and I'm surrounded with hormonal teenagers." The vampire grumbled, "Tell me, how am I supposed to be 'happy' Kate?"

"Relax, I got some good news for you. Carlisle called, they'll be there tomorrow."
She informed the latter, "And I didn't say that you're there. I want you to experience a sappy human surprise reunion."

"Okay, is that all?"

"Not even a thank you?"

"What?— the line is g-getting—"

     "Sebastian, Don't you dare!"

     "I c-can't hear yo—" the call ended with a loud beep, indicating one of them pressed the red button. "Bye Kate."

     "And that's how you end an annoying conversation." The vampire shrugged as he strolled through the corridors. "Thank you Kate, but I can't let you hear that."

     Finally finding his classroom, Sebastian sat timidly on one of the chairs at the very back. Maybe it was better if he applied as a professor instead? Then again, he couldn't promise that he wouldn't rip an idiot's head off because of their stupidity.

     The bell rang loudly indicating the start of the classes, and so, theirs did. The lecture went by in a breeze, each words muttered by the professor didn't stay in Sebastian's head. It was dull and boring, it didn't interest him.

     Once again, the bell's ringing echoed throughout the halls, this time saying that the classes had already ended.

     The vampire reluctantly got up from his seat, up until now, he was still being stared at. At this point, it was getting annoying. Once he catches someone's eyes looking at him, he'd stare right back and give a glare making them scamper away.

     He followed their line of direction, they were heading to the cafeteria, he assumed. What will he do there? Stare at food?

     Against his better judgment, the raven haired vampire sat in one of the tables at the far corner of the place, near the entrance from outside.

     Gossip started almost immediately. Most of the topics he heard was about the new student, him. It bore him, not until a certain family was mentioned.