i. PROLOGUE ━━━━━ hello, mystic falls

all too well  ━━ act one

all too well ━━ act one.
· 。゚୧ ⋆. 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗢, 𝗠𝗬𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗙𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦 ₊˚.༄
━━━ VAMPIRE DIARES SEASON ONE,
❝ i'm a bit of a harlot, y'know ❞

"WHAT are you doing here? Is it━ is it okay that I ask you that?" Bonnie is nervous as she sits across from the seemingly 17 year old girl

"WHAT are you doing here? Is it━ is it okay that I ask you that?" Bonnie is nervous as she sits across from the seemingly 17 year old girl. Anastasia was leaning against Bonnie's headrest, her arms behind her head lazily. "Oh, come on, Bon. Isn't it a bit early to be talking about such dark matters?" she huffs, eyes falling on the ceiling as Bonnie keeps staring at her. She felt like a child sitting at the feet of a cool older cousin, an aunt you wanted to impress so badly. Anastasia fell into the role of a mentor so easily, Bonnie couldn't help but want to know all she could about her. Her grams had only introduced them a few days prior, giving a basic rundown of who the girl was. Bonnie had immediately wanted to talk her head off, but her Grams had mentioned that she needed lots of rest, so Bonnie had backed off, albeit begrudgingly while Anya slept heavily.

Now though, all bets were off. Bonnie Bennett was getting some answers. "I gave you three days, you promised we'd talk." she reminds Anastasia who hums in indignation before giving Bonnie all her attention. "It's a long story." she finally begins as Bonnie shoots her a dry look. A look that read 'not good enough'. "We've got time." Bonnie retorts as Anya shifts awkwardly, eyes falling to her lap. "How much do you know about━" she trails off slightly. "About your lineage━" she asks as Bonnie shrugs. "Not much." Bonnie replies honestly. "Grams has been laying on the witch thing thick though." Bonnie admits sheepishly. "I don't believe her, obviously━ but she swears I'm psychic." she explains as Anya smiles slightly. "Yeah, well, you want my tragic backstory, Bon? You're gonna have to do better than that." she says as Bonnie shuffles slightly.

"Sometimes━ sometimes when I touch━" she holds out a hand for emphasis, Anya matching her stance. "I get these flashes━ sometimes they're pictures━ sometimes it's just a feeling." she says as Anya nods slowly. "But that's all. For a while I thought I was insane, but when Grams mentioned the witch thing━ of course I thought she was insane." she continues as Anya hums. "Welcome to the world of witchdom, Bon. Every Bennett witch goes through that season of denial." she grins. "You're a Bennett?" Bonnie asks. "But Grams said━" Bonnie begins as Anya holds up a hand. "My name is Anastasia Mignonette Pimanova." she introduces. "My father was a well respected man in France back in the 10th century." she says as Bonnie's mouth parts in shock. "My mother, Yarisela was a Bennett, a witch, the daughter of the witch Ayana." she adds.

"When they met they fell in love, it was forbidden, but they didn't care. Together they had twelve children, including me." she explains as Bonnie listens wordlessly. "The Salem Witch trials were nothing compared to what they did to my family. I lost everyone." she looks a bit uncomfortable, but for Bonnie's sake she presses on. "I had three siblings remain," she corrects, a pained look on her face at the mention. Bonnie reminded her so much of her twin sister Genevieve, she believed that played a role in why she was so easily able to bare her soul. "Our grandmother was in the new world, she sent for us, so we voyaged to America, years and years and years before that blasted Columbus ever set foot on the land." she continues playing with her hands. "My grandmother was mentoring a witch at the time, and she had a family." Anya shrugs.

"I was a child, barely ten years old when we'd made it. I didn't have many friends back in France, my father was protective, for good reason, I never left his side. When I came to America, I met a boy, and I loved him more than anything in the world." she trails off, seemingly done with her story as Bonnie stares at her curiously. "So what happened?" she asks as Anya turns sharply. "He was a bastard. A filthy, lying, cheating scumbag that took my innocence and then betrayed me. I was trapped underground, buried alive for hundreds of years. I couldn't die, I couldn't age, I was just destined to rot for all eternity." she says solemnly. "And he never came back for me." she adds quietly. "So how are you here? How ━ how are you even here?" Bonnie asks. "Are you a vamp━" Anastasia rears back as if she's been stung at the accusation, recoiling in fear almost.

"No. I am a witch. That is all. The spell she cast on my grave was a spell of indestructability. I was immune to the elements, I was immune to time. I was just there to rot. As soon as your grandmother saved me the clock on my life started again." she explains dully. "I'm so sorry." Bonnie says reaching for Anya before deciding against it at the last second. "So what are you doing here? What brings you back to Mystic Falls?" she says as Anya shifts, an heir of arrogance suddenly surrounding her like a blanket, a safe guard after being too vulnerable. "I'm here to get my life back. If I manage to knock a few heads off along the way, so be it." she hisses bitterly. "But enough of this sad talk. I've had plenty of time to be angry and get over it." she smirks.

"I could see the bastard right now, and I wouldn't even flinch." she flashes a fake smile, and if Bonnie hadn't heard the tremble in her voice as she was recalling the story, she would've believed she was over it all. "Now, where do the youngsters rally these days? I'm dying for a bite." Anastasia says and Bonnie wants to comment on the mischievous glint in her eye as she says it, but decides against it. "Uh━ the Grill. Best burgers in town." Bonnie says as Anya grins. "Fantastic. Let's go there, now. And maybe you can introduce me to some of your friends, it's been so long since I've seen a boy in person. I can't even imagine how much I have to catch up on, I'm a bit of a harlot, you know." Anastasia winks and Bonnie is certain this stranger in front of her is going to change her life, she's just not sure whether it'll be for better or for the worst.

• ━

authors note ; bing bong, the prologue is done. i'm on a roll! i'm so here for anya and bonnie, they're mentorship/friendship is gonna be amazing. you'll get to see a lot of parallels between her relationships with her siblings through her relationship with bonnie, and through that it will give the perfect opportunities for flashbacks, just so everyone can understand more about who anya really is, and what led her to where she is now. i hope you enjoy it, let me know your thoughts :)

 i hope you enjoy it, let me know your thoughts :)