Chapter 10: Fork in the Road

Standing in the Throne room, Uriel was pacing as he glares down at Vox Machina. "You've ruined our banquet, assaulted political allies, and risked the security of the realm. Those them in irons!" he shouts.

The party just gasp as Uriel was unhinged with his rage, the guards then began to push at them, following their orders, but Grog just growls at them, daring them as Jason did the same, holding Kyria closer to him. "Touch her and I'll rip your damn arms off!" he shouts.

The party began to argue with him, a Percy just looks away, scrunching his face, keeping his mouth shut. "Sovereign, it's been a very long evening," Allura tells Uriel, turning his attention to her. "I will see that they are properly punished," she assures him.

He just glares at her for a moment then turns away, "See that you do." he said with a sigh and walks off. "Allura, something is wrong with Uriel. He's under the Briarwoods' influence, I can feel it." vex tries to reason with her.

Allura just glares at her, "That is a considerable accusation. Do you have proof?" he questions her. Vex just looks away, "No. but I can get it. I just need time and access to..." Vex tries again.

"Emon owes you a debt, but that does not mean you are above the law. Though perhaps Uriel is being too brash," she mutters the last bit to herself.

"Until this is resolved, you are hereby confined to your keep under house arrest," she orders them, and the party broke out in an argument. "How can you arrest a house?" Grog asks her, a little confused.

Jason said nothing as he kept looking down at the passed-out witch in his arms, who looked a little pale, Pike turns to Grog for a moment, patting his leg, "Okay." she tells him and turns back. "Thank you, Lady Allura," she said with a bow.

"I'll convene a formal inquiry at once. Your fate will be determined once we hear the Briarwoods' side of the story." Allura tells them.

Jason grimes with anger and looks away, "If they'll even speak to us anymore." she mutters and walks off, "Fucking dog." Jason mutters under his breath.

~8~8~8~

Vox Machina stood in the keep, Trinket growls as he was being tied to the tree, and guards posted everywhere as their weapons were confiscated.

"Get your filthy hands off my instrument!" Scanlan calls out, jumping for it but it was kept out of reach. "The more you resist, the longer this will take." Captain Jarrett Howarth said as he looks down at the gnome.

Jason didn't even resist as they took his mace and shield, he just held Kyria by her shoulder, keeping her from falling as she was still out of it, but looked better from the journey back.

"Come on, man. It's not a weapon! I just want to serenade the group!" Scanlan argues with him as the two half-elves just watched from the side. "Then you're doing us a favor," Vax calls out with a smirk.

Jarrett just looks at them, "You're belongings will be returned if you are exonerated. All points of egress to this compound are being surveilled. If you attempt to escape you will be executed." Jarrett warns them.

Jason scoffs as he looks away, "Figures." he mutters, "Are you fucking joking?" Vax questions as he pushes himself off the wall. "I do not joke. I advise that you sit tight and wait for the sovereign's inquiry." Jarrett informs them and walks towards the door with the guards. "Don't you mean the Briarwoods' inquiry?" Kyria calls out.

Jarett stops as the others looked over, seeing Kyria's eyes open as she uses Jason to stand, "Uriel is charmed, thanks to the fucking Briarwoods. He'll do whatever they ask of him, even make guards such as yourself expendable." she snaps.