Chapter 15: What have they Done

Dusk began to approach as the party was on the outskirts of Whitestone, "That's far enough for today. Let's make camp." Vex said as they found a place to rest. Percy sat on a rock, facing away from the others as Scanlan and Grog sat off to the side.

Keyleth just looks at them, then she too sat down, then she gathers the little twigs close by into a pile then held her hand out. It was quiet for a moment then the twigs burst into flames.

"Whoops, a little too much," she said with surprise as the flames calm down, but then shock grunts get her attention as Vax was putting out the flames on the collar of his cloak.

Her hand went right to her forehead in shock, "Oh my gosh! Oh, sorry! Sorry, sorry, sorry!" she shouts, standing to her feet, flaying her arms. But he just smiles at her, "You're fine. You're fine. No worries." he assures her. "Yeah, no worries," Vex calls out as the two just looked at her.

"You probably get your shit together eventually," she said, walking away, Keyleth just chuckles, rubbing the back of her head, and frowns. Kyria exhales as she looks away with irritation, but remained seated in her place.

Jason had stopped in the mid-wrap of his shield as he just looks at her, sighing to himself then continues cleaning his shield. Grog was looking through the bag of holding as Scanlan then took it from him, reaching in and throwing out some junk. "Huh, see here. ah," he said, pulling out a scroll.

"Okay. Let's see what this baby can do." he mutters, placing the bag of holding on the side "You got a baby in there?" Grog asks, making Scanlan blink, looking at him "What? N-No. Grog, it's the scroll I picked up from Brimscythe's cave. Just got to figure out how to make it work." he informs him.

Reading the words on the page, "Ok. Nevosh, nevonn, klu, mehon." he read aloud. It was still for a moment. But his face began to form, following with his body soon after.

Grog gasps as he scoots back Scanlan was suddenly changed into, a little purple frog with a little hair on top. Grog laughs, "It made you handsome! Oh, I like it!" he laughs as he pokes at the frog.

Scanlan just grunts, irritated with the form and Grog's poking. "Nevosh, nevonn, klu, mehon," he said again and this time it turns him into a pink and white striped water unicorn. Almost crushing Grog, who shouts with glee. "Whoa-ho-ho! I like that even more!" he shouts.

"Nevosh, nevonn, klu, mehon!" Scanlan said faster. Then he changes shapes again, once the weight of Scanlan was off him, Grog pulls back an excited look on his face as excited to see the next form.

But the smile falls into a confused frown, unsure of what to make of the form. "Whoa. Yup. Now I'm confused and aroused." he said and reaches out to poke him. "Dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah. Hands off." Scanlan said, smacking his hand away.

Then he looks down, seeing it was taller and a different gender. "What the...? How the fuck... do I look this good?" he said as it was a shape change he liked. Grog was just confused as he went to poke him.

By the fire, Keyleth was mending Vax's wound with herbs from her pouch, but she stops for a moment and looks up, at the clear sky above them as an owl passes over them. "This forest reminds me of home a little," she said, finishing the mending.

Vax pulls his arm back and looks at the herbs on his wrist. A small vine wraps around his wrist and a white flower blooms. He smiles, taking hold of his wrist. "Your homes must be nice," he said.

She smiles from her memory of home. "It's beautiful. And big." her smile then falls as she looks to the side of the night. "And filled with Ashari I'm supposed to lead someday," she said then sighed. "Vex is right. Maybe I'll never get my shit together," she mutters, her shoulders slumped.