DIY Photo Frame

Hi guys, Lily here! 😄😄

I'm here with a DIY to make an amazing handmade photo frame from cardboard today. Hope you like it.

Things you will need :

1. Cardboard

2. Pencil, Eraser, Sharpener and a large scale

3. Photograph which you want to put in the photo frame

4. Utility knife

5. Scissors

6. Colourful Paper

7. Paint

8. Decorative items, quilling flowers, yarn, buttons, broken CD pieces, flowers, leaves, quilling paper, pretty stones, etc. Anything you like.

9. Glue Gun

10. Glue

11. Thick transparent plastic sheet

Steps :

1. Make an outline of the photo on the cardboard then make another line having a width of 2-3 inches away from it (outline of photo). Keep the photo aside. You can also use any measurements you want instead of outlining the photo and make the outer boundary of the photo frame however wide you like. I personally prefer 2 inches.

2. Cut the outline of the photo using a utility knife. This will leave you with a rectangular hole that the photo will be seen through. Now cut the outer boundary of the photo frame, the one which you made leaving 2-3 inches width or any width of your choice. You could do this in any size you like and in any shape you like. Your photo frame is ready!

3. Make an outline of the outer dimensions of the photo frame. Leave a width of 1 cm roughly and draw a new line around the outline. Cut the new outline (having 1 cm more width that the photo frame). Your sturdy back for the photo frame is ready!

4. You can also make a back stand for the photo frame using cardboard if you want. Cut a rectangular piece of cardboard, wider at one side and narrower at another to make a back stand. It should look something like a tall trapezium having more height that width. The narrower piece will be stuck to the frame while the wider piece will be on the surface to make the photo frame stand.

5. Cover the back of the photo frame and the photo frame with colourful paper. You can also paint but if you don't stick paper it will have a rough texture due to cardboard so I will advise you to stick paper on it. Make sure to keep the paper clean and flat while sticking so that your photo frame gives a neat look. Cover around the sides of the photo frame. If you have made the stand, cover it with colourful paper too.

6. Now decorate your photo frame. You can use decorative items, quilling flowers, yarn, buttons, broken CD pieces, flowers, leaves, quilling paper, pretty stones, anything you like. You can also paint the sides of the photo frame instead of decorating.

7. Take the back of your frame and stick your photo on it using glue or glue gun. Take a piece of thick, transparent plastic sheet and cut it to so it's a little larger (having a little bit more width on every side) than your photo and stick it around the hole in the back of the photo frame to prevent the photo from getting dirty due to dust.

8. Finally, stick the photo frame on the sturdy back of the photo frame you made. Be careful that you stick in just right so it doesn't look shabby and the corners and sides align. Stick the back stand if you made it to the back of the photo frame using glue gun.

And done! Isn't it lovely? It's definitely beautiful! Hope you like it.

"You do not find the happy life. You MAKE it."

- Lily

@Elementlover29

[The credit of this picture goes to Google.]