Farewell Family

The plan for analyzing the wall was a complete failure, resulting in Norman having his arm broken, and Emma's shipment date being announced. And after the failed escape plan of having Emma hideout beyond the wall, only to reveal that there was a cliff on the other side, it really seemed like all hope was lost.

Even so, Emma tried her best to encourage Norman and Ray, and all the kids who secretly knew. Even forming a plan with Norman on how to successfully escape with the kids 5 years and older.

When Emma's shipment day finally arrived everyone who knew felt immense grief. They all loved Emma dearly and knowing that her fate lies in the hands of the monster was absolutely heart crushing. Ray didn't even show up to say goodbye, but Emma understood. 

Emma and Mama walked quietly to the gate, and when they arrived She led Emma to a room only to find the special guest already there, waiting for her.

"What is this?" Emma asked in confusion. The man stood up from where he was sitting, walking over to Emma.

"My name is Peter Ratri, I'm the one in control over the farms." He explained.

"If this is about me becoming a mother then I refuse. I would rather die than become an ally to the demons." Emma stated.

"Oh no, this isn't about that. I believe that you have a better use than becoming a mother." Peter said.

"And what's that?" Emma asked.

"You're gonna help with some research." Peter said.

"What if I refuse?" she asked.

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice." Peter replied.

—-----------

Emma was taken to a newly built farm called Lambda 7214. For the first couple of days Emma stayed in a surprisingly nice room. Emma understood she wasn't simply going to help that with research, and concluded that she was going to be the one that was going to be researched. But how?

Were they going to test different drugs on her like they do the other kids? Were they going to experiment on her? See how they could improve the quality of their meat? Or would they simply torture her to see how far human limits can be pushed.

Either way she was scared, very scared. And she hoped her family escaped without too many problems. She hoped Norman was able to save Ray before he burned himself to a crisp.

Before she could think another thought, she heard a knock on her door Which was opened soon after. Peter was there, smiling at her.

"Come Emma, there are many things I would like to discuss with you." Peter said. She followed him out of her room. They walked through several hallways, Emma was unsure where they were going.

"So, what will we discuss?" Emma asked, trying to keep her nervousness out of her tone.

"We're going to discuss you, over a nice dinner. He said, stopping suddenly in front of a door, he opened it and walked into the room. It looked like a small dining room. With one table and two chairs.

"Sit, we're going to eat good tonight." Peter said, sitting down. Emma sat on the other side of the table, facing him.

"You should know you're quite extraordinary, 63194. Or should I say Emma, since your purpose is no longer that to be food." Peter stated. Emma didn't say anything. Peter continued.

"Out of all my years in working in the farms, I have seen a plethora of smart children, child geniuses. Strong minds, but not so strong bodies. Which is basically irrelevant because the main thing that is to be eaten is the brain." he said.

"If you're saying that the children you hold in your farms are weak, then you would be wrong. They're strong physically and mentally." Emma argued.

"I'm not saying that they're not strong. All the farm children have basic strengths and durability along with their brilliant minds. You should see our collection of mothers and sisters. But that's not what I'm getting at." Peter explained. 

"Then what are you getting at?" Emma asked. But before Peter could reply, a man came out with two dishes, hidden by an upside down silver bowl. They laid one dish in front of Peter, and another one in front of emma. They removed the silver bowls to reveal a delicious looking steak, covered in butter underneath.

"Have you ever had steak before?" Peter asked. Emma shook her head no, she only ever ate the basic meals that were provided. Although ordinary, they were delicious.

"Well, enjoy." Peter said, picking up his fork and knife and slicing into the meat, Emma did the same. They ate in silence, and when they were both done they continued talking.

"So what was your point about the basic strength of children?" Emma asked.

"Every child has a basic amount of strength, durability, endurance, and speed. But you Emma, surpass the ordinary amount of strength regular children have. I have reports from both Isabella and krone. You have a crazy amount of unnatural strength, speed, and endurance. The only reason why you lost that game of tag with krone was because you were too worried about the other children around you." Peter explained.

"And how is that a bad thing? what's the point of having strength if you can't protect the others around you with it?" Emma asked.

"It's not necessarily a bad thing, we believe your strength can benefit us and the farms, but there's a tiny problem in the way."  Peter said.

"And what's that?" Emma asked, she was really getting tired of asking questions.

"Your humanity, it's a weakness, but I believe it can also be a strength. Me and my team figured out a way to utilize both the bad and the good." Peter explained. This got Emma mad, she stood up from her chair.

"Your Wrong, Humanity Is Not A Weakness, How Can You Even Call Yourself Human Without It!" Emma explained.

"You're right, without humanity how can you show kindness? Mercy? That is the part of humanity that we're going to benefit off of." Peter said.

"I don't understand." Emma said.

"You will." Peter replied. "Tomorrow morning in fact." 

—----------