Chapter 27

Your Pov:

The next night, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy and I are being led to Hagrid's hut by Mr. Filch.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." He says. Draco and I gulp, and Hermione rushes by. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." Filch says. Hagrid appears with a crossbow. He sniffles. "Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch groans. "Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." Hagrid sniffles. "Well that's good then, he can be with hid kind." I smile. "Yeah but what if he don't like Romania, what if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby." He says. "for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. "The dark forest!? We can't go in there! Students aren't allowed and besides there are....werewolves!" Malfoy says. "There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Filch smirks. Malfoy looks frightened. "Nighty-night." Filch cackles. He leaves to go back into the castle

In the Forbidden Forest, the we all walk along a path to a tree. Hagrid stops, bends down and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls out his fingers and rubs them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers.

"Hagrid, what's that?" Harry and I ask. "What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something." Hagrid says. Harry and I suddenly sees a large cloaked figure walking through the trees. We look back at Hagrid. "So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me." He says. "Okay." Ron gulps. "And Y/n, Harry, you'll go with Malfoy." Hagrid says. "Oh lovely I'm really excited." I gag. Malfoy grimaces, and Harry nods. "Okay. Then I get Fang!" Malfoy says. "Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." Hagrid says.

Harry, Malfoy and I are walking through a part of the forest, with Fang leading. Malfoy has the lamp in his hand. "You wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff." He stutters. "If I didn't know any better Malfoy, I would think your scared." I smirk. "Scared, Potter." He spits. I hear a howl. "Did you hear that!?" He asks.

Harry, Malfoy and I approach a flat ground with gnarled roots all over. Fang stops, then growls.

"What is it, Fang?" I ask.

Up ahead is a cloaked figure who is crouching over a dead unicorn, drinking its blood from its wound. The figure raises its head, silver blood dripping from its mouth. Harry and I gasp and quickly grab our scars, which is hurting. Malfoy screams with pure fear and runs away with Fang.
"Help!" He screams.

Harry and I are left by ourselves at the mercy of the figure who slides over the unicorn and rises erect. It advances towards us, we quickly back up, but we trip. We crawls backwards. Suddenly, there is the sound of hoof-beats. A figure leaps over us y and lands near the cloaked figure. It is a centaur It rears, and the cloaked figure retreats, flying away.

"Harry and Y/n Potter, you must leave. You two are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you. Both." He says. "But what was that thing you saved us from?" "A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life." He says. "Do you mean to say...that that thing that killed the unicorn...that was drinking its blood...that was Voldemort?" We stutter. "Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?" He asks. "The Philosopher's Stone." We say.

Fang suddenly barks and Harry and I look up to see Hagrid, Hermione, Ron and Malfoy appear. Hagrid has his crossbow ready, but lowers it when he sees the centaur.

"Y/n! Harry!" Hermione yells "Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Potter's You all right there, Y/n and Harry?" Hagrid asks. We both nod. "Y/n and Harry Potter, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck." He says, leaving.