#8

Emily pov

Emily pov

But then I saw that lovely red hair of hers disappear in to the shadows, and I knew it was too late.

I hadn't even gotten the chance to know her name, see her face...I bet both of those were just as beautiful as I imagined, just as beautiful as she was, and now I was stuck with this anonymous girls and this hot, electrocuted skin that threatened to tear away at me. Maybe I would get lucky and rot in my sleep. Probably not.

I walked down the path she had come, blinking away tears. This was so stupid. Had I... had I just been played? Was she not gay? Was she taken? Was she using Emily Reynolds?! The last thought was the most ridiculous, because fuck if I wasn't a choice piece of ass and double fuck if it wasn't courtesy to at least tell someone you were planning on doing a whole dramatic dash like that.

I kicked the path, sniffling to myself, and hit something small and hard. Bending down, I picked it up, and realised what it was.

She... the girl... had dropped her phone.

I smiled wickedly to myself. Whether she wanted me to or not, I was going to find her. Engage stalker mode.

I really needed to get some sleep.

Normal pov

Rocket wasn't too happy when she found me, waiting curled up next to the car, but she assumed I was drunk and drove me home with Kim and Damien.

I went straight up to my room, locked the door, and collapsed on my bed before either of my parents could say a word to me.

I was numb.

What the fuck had I gotten myself in to? Not only had I lost my phone, but a part of me realised I had just lost the girl of my dreams, and that hurt. That hurt a lot.

What if she had just been using me? What if she hadn't? I didn't know which one of those conclusions hurt more, but whichever one it was got me in to sweet unconsciousness pretty fast.

The next morning I got up at seven thirty, before my mother could wake me, and took a hot shower, letting the water relax my already tense muscles.

Last night seemed years ago, but in fact it had only been...seven hours ago, yikes. I had only ran out on the most beautiful girl in the world seven hours ago. And I would never see her again.

"This is so stupid," I said, because of course I was fucking crying.

I started to hyperventilate a little, so turned up the heat and pressure of the water, closing my eyes.

Once was done I dried and straightened my hair, brushed my teeth and changed for class. It wasn't school, exactly, but I was behind in English and needed to up my grades or I was stuck repeating like Damien, so I was currently attending morning classes every second Saturday.

I pulled up at school, and put my hood on, ignoring everyone.

Now was when needed a serious angst playlist, like in an 80s movie.

I sighed and opened my locker, pulling out my books. What if that girl had thought that I was nothing but some whore who went around kissing everyone? Nothing but scum. Slutty, lesbian scum.

I collected my books and made my way to class, the hallways startlingly empty. I found Kim and took my seat next to her, but didn't say anything.

"Hey. Andy."

She pulled my earphone out of me ear, and I sighed, looking at her. "What? Couldn't hear you." Yes I could.

"Yes you could. You wanna tell me what happened last night?"

I shook my head, putting the earphone back in, but Kim pulled it out again. "Hey!"

"Andy! What happened? You're not normally like this."

I shrugged. "Sorry, Kim. I'm fine. Nothing...nothing happened. I guess I'm just tired. I'm sorry for wandering off on my own and scaring you like that."

She bit her lip. "Well....okay. Let me know if you ever need to talk, okay Andy?"

I nodded, going back to listening to my music.

Sarah Smiles started, and I changed the song, scowling. OF COURSE.

Kim gave me a weird look, but I just shrugged. I didn't need to think about the girl, not now. In fact, maybe listening to music altogether wasn't such a good idea, I decided, turning it off and trying to focus on the board.

couldn't get her out of my mind.

****