Chapter-27: Date At The Fuchsia Festival!

"We're finally here!" Ash announced excitedly, as the group finally exited the huge stretch of forest. It was a long journey of three weeks for the group to make it to Fuchsia, and they were still only on the suburban outskirts, and they were just in time for the Festival.

The three weeks has been harsh for our heroes, but it's also helped in improving their skills, especially Serena and her pokemon. Her Horsea became a Seadra while battling Gyarados, and Ash's Charmander has now become a strong Charmeleon with his determination staying the same old high.

Brock's been working on grooming his pokemon, and ensuring they're just as strong as they were before. Vulpix had his special attention, but none of his team members were jealous.

Unlike another gym leader's. After Vaporeon came into the team, Tentacool has been very aggressive towards everyone. But the eeveelution handled things very well along with the help of Urshifu. But the bitter rivalry is still a headache for Misty, along with her Psyduck who can barely battle at all.

But now they were out of the woods, and the first thing they did was to drop on the ground. "Man! It's so good to be around people again!" Ash declared. "I was getting tired of just hearing Misty complain about bugs."

"Hey! I'm tired of hearing you complain... about me!" She shot back angrily.

"Guys, let's just take things easy for a while?" Brock spoke with reason.

"That's right! I'm just gonna go here without Mr Ketchum being annoying and complaining about me!" And the Cerulean gym leader stormed off.

"I know you both planned a date together, so I'll just leave you both to each other. Oh, and make sure to dress properly." Brock said, pointing to their clothes, which were torn here and there due to the jungle survival for so many days.

Didn't help that their Aura training also added to the issue.

*               *               *

"Thanks Serena, this looks good." Ash said walking out after changing his outfit. The honey blonde had bought one for him when she went to shop with Miette in Celadon.

"I'm glad you like it Ash. So, how do I look?" His girlfriend asked, twirling around in her party wear.

Ash gawked in awe, watching the dress only compliment her beauty. A red dance gown, it was perfect for a princess, her hair tied by a red ribbon, and her beautiful bangs hanging over her face.

Serena smiled at the reaction. "Thanks Ash."

"Wow, Serena... you look... like a princess." Ash praised.

"Only for you, my prince." She hit back with a flirt.

"Then what do you saw we explore the fair milady?" He asked, imitating a royalty tone.

Serena accepted his hand, and he lead her through the fair.

*               *               *

Misty was angrily stomping through the festival. Though it wasn't anything personal, she and Ash have a knack for annoying each other. And her short temper only made matters worse.

While she continued to walk away, a familiar call stopped her. "Mistyy!"

She turned around to see her little friend she made at the SS Anne. "Mahri?"

"I knew it was you!" The red-haired girl cheered.

Soon, her brother came in, worried about her running off. "You really shouldn't worry me like that Mahri."