10

Arriving at the hospital, Sky wasted no time in gathering his boyfriend in his arms and running inside.

"Help! someone, please help.", he called out desperately.

Within seconds nurses and doctors came forward to take Jao out of his arms and wheeled him away to carry out an examination and treat him. Sky began to follow them out of almost pure desperation, wanting to be there with him wanting to be by his side but was quickly stopped by one of the nurses.

"I'm sorry sir but you can't go any further than this point."

Hearing those words his heart sank, he didn't want to leave his boyfriend alone but he knew he didn't have a say in the matter right now and let the doctors and nurses help his lover.

He nodded, wiping away a stray tear that fell down his face. The nurse gave a look of sympathy as he turned and walked away, he sighed and took a seat in the waiting area.

Now only time would tell...

For Sky the minutes that ticked by quickly turned into hours, every second he hoped Jao was alright and that soon a doctor or nurse would turn up with some news on him, thankfully after almost an hour and a half of waiting, he spotted a doctor walking towards him.

"Sir, if you would please follow me you'll be able to see your boyfriend now."

Panic and fear spread through his veins but he tried his best to remain calm through the whole situation, "Is he alright?"

"We're hoping he will be, though I'm not going to lie to you. You're lucky you brought him in when you did, from the examination we carried out it is very clear he is unwell and running an almost dangerously high fever from the injuries and the two broken ribs haven't made things any easier we have done what we can by giving him an IV, fluids and antibiotics to help fight the fever but for now, he will stay here for at least a few weeks so he can be monitored."

Sky couldn't quite believe what he was hearing and felt crushed and devastated, his heart couldn't take any more break than it already had when he came to his lovers rescue seeing he was being attacked and the result of it. Taking a deep breath he followed the doctor to Jao's room, and though he was upset he wanted to be strong for Jao to reassure him and give him comfort as he knew the next few hours would be tough.

Upon entering the room he saw Jao curled up in the hospital bed wearing a hospital gown attached to a couple of machines helping him breathe due to his broken ribs.

Walking to his bedside Sky gave a sad sigh as he sat in the chair beside him with his eyes glassy before a stray tear fell down his face. Gently taking his hand in his he began to rub the back of it with his thumb before guiding it towards him and placing a kiss upon it.

"It's alright, Jao I'm here, I'm here darling.", he said softly watching over him as he slept soundly.

For the moment, Jao was heavily sedated to give him some time to rest and heal a little faster. But Sky wished he had been with Jao, but no matter how much he wanted to he knew he couldn't turn back time and could not change it.

The moment he had gotten that call from Jao he did not continue with class and ran the fastest way possible around school to get to him, once home he was a witness to the police taking the boy away and that was the first and last time Sky had seen him and he had never hated anyone more for what he had done to Jao.