Chapter 3

Chris pov

It has been a week since i have been home. Ma and Scott had come home yesterday. I was looking forward to tonight. Having dinner at ma's finally seeing my family again after 5 months. I had talked to ma over the week but there was radio silence from Scott and when i called him he didn't pick up... He is probably busy with his project so i didn't think much of it.

"MA!" I yelled walking into the house i grew up in. "Kitchen!" She yelled back, i unleashed Dodger and followed him into the kitchen smiling. I greeted ma and Scott crouched down to greet Dodger. 

"I am glad to see you two..." I said smiling. "Good to see you to, sweetheart and i am sorry... We heard that you and Stacey broke up." Ma sighed. "Yep, she found it okay to have sex with other people, while i was filming." I said shrugging my shoulders. "I am sorry Chris..." Ma said with pity in her voice and giving me a hug. "But it is nice to have you home again..." She said smiling. 

Scott was still fussing over Dodger not paying attention to me in fact i got the idea he was completely ignoring me. "Well i am off, ma." Scott said standing up and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "See you later." Ma said as he walked off... I looked after him in shock never ever had he ignored me. "What is up with him?" I whisper.

Ma looked at me with her hands on her hips. "Christopher Robert Evans! You really have no idea what he is upset about?" She scolds me looking angry... "No... what did i do?!" I say shocked. "The way you treated his friend Christopher!" She said raising her voice. 

"Viola did him/us a favor, since we got a last-minute invite to LA. Nobody else was available to watch Dodger and she was nice enough to help when Scott asked her. He was perfectly safe over there. I have met her. Shanna and Carly have met her. She is sweet and kind, she didn't deserve to be snapped at and treated badly because something didn't go the way you wanted to. I swear Christopher it is like sometimes you forget that life doesn't stop when you are away. We love you and we are so proud of you... But i didn't raise you to behave like this. " She scolds me and i look at her with wide eyes... Who was this woman that ma would be so angry about it... I had never met her but apparently my whole family had... 

"Oh, and by the way she was sweet enough to drop this off.  She said you didn't want them, but she thought if you ever changed your mind..." She dropped an envelope in front of me and i opened it. It where professional photos from Dodger and a few homemade and i groaned. 

"I am sorry okay, i didn't know her... I had a few stressful months and then to find out that he left him with somebody i dont know... I just lost it." I sighed trying to explain away my behavior... 

"Well, you better fix it Chris, Scott is mad... Really mad... He thinks you dont trust his judgement." Ma says shaking her head and i let out a big breath... "I do of course i do..." I mumble. I looked through the photos and there was one with the woman and Lulu and Dodger. Dodger and Lulu where both looking at her as she was smiling at them. "Oh, that one was for Scott..." Ma said trying to get the picture but i pulled it away... 

"I'll give it to him when I go over to him to apologize." I say and she nods. I looked through the rest of the photos and the professional photos were beautiful. Dodger looked great and happy and i dont know how she managed that as he normally hates being put in clothes... "Did she make these?" I ask holding up a photo of Dodger dressed like a cowboy... "She did, she has a little photo studio in her store to take photos of your pet. She thought it would be nice for you to have a photo from Dodger to put in your house or something." Ma explained. I sighed. "She does sound nice." I mumble as i study the picture of her with Dodger and Lulu again. 

"Dont bother Chris... She was perfectly clear. She doesn't want your apologies and i can't blame her after everything she went through, she doesn't take crap from anyone anymore." Ma says as she is handing me a plate... "What do you mean?" I ask curiously. "Not my story to tell... Just make it right with your brother, so i can have you over at the same time without him walking out." She says and i look at her stunned. Was he really going to walk out every time i would show up... "Now let's eat." Ma says smiling. 

Scott pov. 

"Hey, Lulu pretty girl..." I said as i walked into Vi's house. Lulu jumped all over me as i go down to give her some scratches. "Wauw you look nice..." I said as Vi walked in for our dinner. "Thank you..." She said smirking giving me a little twirl. "Felt like dressing up for a change." She chirps "Oh what are you talking about... You always look great." I say standing up. "Are you ready milady..." I said holding out my arm for her to take.

"Well, you dont look so bad yourself." She said smiling as she took my arm. We walked over to the car when my phone rang and i saw it was Chris, so i declined the call. "Did you just decline a call from you brother?" Vi asks. "Yep." I said smiling at her. "Scott..." She groans as she stopped walking. 

"No Vi... He has crossed a line, and he needs to feel it." I say and she sighs... "I dont want you two fighting because of me..." She says and i chuckle. "Dont flatter yourself Vi..." I said joking. "I am fighting with him because he doesn't trust my judgement... Now let's enjoy our fancy dinner." I say and she smiled.  She took my arm again and i opened the car door for her. We arrived at the restaurant and as we walked in, we got greeted by a host and lead to our table. 

We had a nice dinner and had fun. I dropped her off at home, after i made her promise to come out this weekend. I drove home to find Chris sitting on my porch and i sighed annoyed. "Hey..." He said as i walked up to the door. "What are you doing here Chris?" I said. "I wanted to apologize..." He said rubbing his neck nervously. 

I opened my door, and we walked in. "Apologize for what?" I asked as i was not going to take this easily and move on... I need to hear him say it.... "For not trusting your judgement, for treating your friend poorly. For being an ass." He says and i sighed. 

"I just can't understand why... Why Chris... She is so nice and sweet. Dodger adores her and he gets along great with Lulu. She didn't know you were coming, and you had the audacity to treat her like crap in her own home. I asked her to do me a favor, i could have send him to a kennel... But i thought this was a better solution." I explain and Chris sighs and blushes... "I know i know..." Chris said hanging his head in shame. 

"It's just with the breakup and everything that happened, to then come home and no one is here... I just lost it. I am sorry that your friend got caught up in that. I will apologize to her." Chris says and i sigh and shake my head...

"No need... She wants nothing to do with you. She thinks you are some arrogant stuck up Hollywood idiot who thinks he is better then everyone." I tell him and he looks at me with big eyes. "She does?" He asks me and i sigh and shake my head. "No those are my words, she used worse." I say smirking and Chris chuckled...

"Fine... She left some beautiful pictures from Dodger for me, ma told me she took them." He said smiling. "Yep, in her store, you want a beer?" I ask him. "Sure, just one, have a few meetings downtown tomorrow. What kind of store does she have?" Chris asked. "A pet store with a little photo corner, it's a real cute store. It is next to that coffee shop we always go to." I told him as i gave him a beer. "Why are you dressed so nice by the way.?" Chris asked me and i smiled. "I had dinner with Vi, i owed her. Because my brother had been an ass." I say smirking and he groans... "She was actually the one who said i should pick up the phone." I said and he sighed again... We talked for a bit more before Chris went home and i crawled into bed.