chapter 1 | flashbacks

TW: MENTIONS OF ABUSE

MALIA POV:

"Mija, you look wonderful!" Rhea's mother cheered as she took in the beautiful dress her daughter got her for her anniversary. With a tentative smile, Rhea ran her hands down the dress Luca had bought her. I knew what she had gone through with him, how he had hurt her countless times, and she did nothing about it.

The sad part about it was that she truly loved him.

They had been together for two years; a couple of months after they started dating, he began to show his true colors to her.

It was sickening.

FLASHBACK:

"Rhea, what is that on your back?" Kiaa asked as she braided Rhea's hair while Rhea sat on the floor. Rheas face whitened, "o-oh, it's nothing, I just hit myself on accident." She smiled slightly, her eyes wide with fear and another emotion I couldn't quite place. I stepped behind her and took in the big bruise on her back.

There was no way she could have hurt herself that badly!

"Rhea, there is no way you gave yourself this huge bruise!" I exclaimed.

Kiaa touched her shoulder,

and she flinched.

"Rhea... who did this to you?" Merlia whispered as she took in the bruise as well.

"....Luca," Rhea answered with a shaky voice.

And then she broke down.

END OF FLASHBACK

Once she broke down, she fell into a deep depression and the same routine repeatedly.

sleep

starve herself,

cry

And repeated it over and over again.

We constantly helped her up, supporting her in every area she needed. She could come to our house at two in the morning crying, and we wouldn't bat an eye; we would just let her in. Kiaa, Merlia, and I brought her up from her depression, ensuring she always had somewhere to go. We constantly warned her not to go back with him, but she always shook her head, saying she couldn't, that she loved him too much to do that to him.

"I think she looks wonderful, Mrs. Garcia," I said with a warm smile on my face to loosen the heavy silence in the room. Rhea shuffled on her feet, something she always did when nervous. Rheas mother turned to me and smiled, "Oh Hermosa, you have called me Mrs. Garcia for ages! You know I have allowed you to call me Camila!"

I chuckled softly, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She laughed with me and turned back to fixing Rhea's dress.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. Rolling my eyes, already suspecting who it is, I answer.

"Yes?"

"How about a hello next time, hun?" my mom answered back.

I smile slightly, "what's up?"

She sighs, "We have to go to dinner with the Aphelion family again."

Scrunching my eyebrows, I reply, "What's so bad about that?"

"It's not only going to be them, and other families of the ton will also be there." She says.

"Like who?" I ask.

"The Eros Family," she whispers.

My face whitens; there's no fucking way.

"Malia, you good?" Kiaa asks me with a concerned look on her face.

I roll my eyes, "Nothing, just some animals are joining the party tonight."

⌜ •  °  +  °  •  ⌝

As I fix my necklace adorning my neck, I can't help but wonder why the Eros family is joining us. Last I heard about them, they had cut communication with us and moved to a discrete location nobody could find.

But I still remembered him.

I remember his smile,

his eyes,

his warmth.

Everything about him, I remembered.

From the way, I knew when one of his smiles was natural to how I remembered his gruff laugh.

He is imprinted in my mind.

I left everyone for him, and he left me for everyone else.

He said we were going to run away someday.

But it seems that the plan didn't include me at all.

⌜ •  °  +  °  •  ⌝

The first chapter is done! I'm so excited to write this story, and I can't wait to be on this journey with you all!

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The first chapter is done! I'm so excited to write this story, and I can't wait to be on this journey with you all!

Perfect Storm (OFF HOLD)(REVAMP)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें