7 | defined

jackson

"Are you fucking kidding, Lond?"

"I said I'm sorry! It just completely slipped my mind, and I can't cancel because he's leaving tomorrow."

London planned two dates on the same day. I would understand if the times were different or if it was with a girlfriend, but another guy?

"This isn't fair to me." I pouted. She ignored me and put on her shoes. We were FaceTiming as usual.

"We can go wherever you want after just please don't make me cancel on him. He's really sweet and it's only a one time thing." Her lips poked and I couldn't say no to her.

Since she had unexpectedly planned two dates on the same day and didn't want to feel like a user or a whore, London asked if I could pose as her big brother. She was still going to do what she planned, only she was doing it with some other guy she had interests in and I had to watch. I was driving to her house now, actually down the street because she didn't want her mom to see me.

"Hi baby sister." I said cheerfully, then I gave her a poker face.

She crossed her arms. "I said I'm sorry."

London navigated me towards her god mother's house. I pulled up and the boy was waiting.

"Get in." I didn't care if he was a year younger than me. I'm still mad as fuck.

He and London sat in the back, trying I decide which movie they wanted to see. I felt like a fucking chauffeur and I could tell that Ian didn't like me, but I caught something he said.

"Fuck yeah, I have a tattoo on my face. Mom loves it, doesn't she, Lond?"

Before she had time to react, Ian spoke. "Lond? Awe, that's such a cute nickname."

"Thanks." London and I said in unison. "I made it up." I smiled in the rear view.

When when we got there, I opened London's door and help her out. Ian tried.

Fuck him.

First, we went to Kilwins. Ian and I didn't get anything, but we both watched her lick her fudge-brownie ice cream as we walked to H&M. Ian made it obvious, I did it on the low. I'm still posing as London's brother and I can't be a pervert. I really wanted to shop for myself, but I had to watch this fool and make sure London was safe. We were there for nearly an hour, and I waited in line for 15 minutes. I was happy when I saw the majority of what she purchased was black.

"I love black." Ian said.

"Same, I don't like colorful stuff." That's my babygirl. I don't like that she had to agree with him, but she does agree with me indirectly.

London saw that Paper Towns was playing, an there was no diverting her from that path. Ian didn't even seem that interested in it; he looked very bored honestly. I didn't care; I was just happy she chose a good movie and that she sat in the middle. By the end of it, she concluded that she couldn't decide between the book and the movieI had to agree.  Ian said that he had to get back home; it was Saturday and he had to finish packing. I was glad he was leaving, but London looked very sad. I decided to go back to her god mom's and leave them alone and buy a pizza so she could leave on happier note.

After an hour we left, and London took her car with her. She thought I liked Ian, and that it was nice if me to buy that pizza for them. We were in the bookstore; London searching for a few more books to read. It was early June, and she chose seven books. London reads whenever she can. Some if these were required for there summer reading list and some were but I had never seen a person read this much ever. This was normal for her. Now I know why she's so intelligent and knowledgeable.

"Damn, babygirl." I sighed.

"What? And why do you keep calling me that?" She put a finger on the page she was on.

"Babygirl? Oh that's just my name for you."

"Why?"

I shifted her body to face me. She was wearing a black cropped short sleeve shirt, her Sailor Moon choker defining the curves of her neck. Her curly hair was in a bun, and she looked so cute in her John Lennon glasses. They had fake lenses.

"Because you look good and you'll always be good. That's what babygirls are and they deserve to be called babygirl, i.e. you."

Her arms crossed over her chest. "That makes no sense."

"I take a class in Philosophy, so it has to make sense." I laughed and turned her round to hug her from behind. She continued to read, one of her fingers tracing the tattoo under my eye. Then a voice came over the intercom, announcing that the Barnes & Noble would be closing in 15 minutes. I purchased her books for her and she thanked me. I really wanted to take her home with me, but she had to take her car home. If she didn't have her car and her mother wasn't a problem, would she come home with me?