13 | guest

jackson

"Look to your left."

She did, and she paused before walking towards my truck. I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. She was wearing a beanie and some glasses. She got in the car and stayed silent for a bit. I looked over at her, and her head was against the window; she was fast asleep.

There was only but of driving for me to do. It was eight in the morning, and traffic was already bad. Once we got to my loft, I parked on the firs level of the garage. There was a lot of vacant space since people in New York rarely drive.
I tapped London on the shoulder a few times. When she woke, she stretched and looked around.

"Where are we?" He asked, still observing her current location.

"We're at my loft. Come on." I got out and got her luggage. When I walked around to open her door, she was already out with her book bag strapped to her shoulders. "What are you doing?"

She gave me a confused look. "I just... got out of the car to wait for you." I could tell she was looking at my eye and the tattoo under it.

"No." I put down her suitcase. "You're supposed to wait for me to open the door for you."

She nodded like she understood. She didn't. "London, get back in the car."

"Why? I'm fully capable of-"
I glared at her and she did as I said, closing the door and just staring straight forward. I set her luggage down, and then walked forward and opened her door. She looked at me as she got out, then looked down.

"What do you say?" I picked up her luggage again.

"Thank you."

I started walking towards the complex, and she walked alongside me. I held the door open for her, and she thanked me again and continued to follow me.

We got in the elevator and I entered my room card and the elevator started and went straight up without making a stop. There were buttons for other floors, but I specifically used the key card slot.
When the elevator came to a stop, London got out first but continued to follow me to my room. It took up the entire top floor, but it still wasn't significantly large to me.

I unlocked the door with my key, and she walked in.

"Wow. Your place is nice. And really big." She looked around, glancing over the furniture of my living room.

"Thanks. Just think of it as yours now. Let me show you your room." I carried her luggage to my guest room, which was right next to mine.

"Your bathroom is to your right and your closet is in the back of your bathroom. I'm making waffles right now, so I'll be in the kitchen."

She nodded and took her bag to her closet. "I'm gonna take a quick shower."

I made my way back to the kitchen. I didn't have anything planned for today.

As the waffles finished, I walked back to London's room. She was in her bathroom, her hair was wet but she was dressed. She was staring at something on the top corner of her wall.

Shit.

I knocked on the door, and she turned around quickly, her wet hair sticking to her face. "Um, sorry to scare you. But your waffles are ready."

He nodded and followed me out on her bare feet.

I topped we waffles with butter and syrup, and put her fruit on the side with a green machine smoothie for her to drink.

"London, there's something important you need to know."

Her chewing gradually came to a stop, and she swallowed. "What is it?"

"In about 20 hours, your parents are going to file a missing persons report with the police. If it comes to, they might even hire a private investigator to look into your case. They'll trace everything, including your phone and computer.

"So you need my phone and computer?"

I nodded. "And I bought you a completely new one." I opened a drawer and handed her a space grey iPhone 6, including a MacBook Air. She looked totally surprised as I sat them both down in front of her.

"You can customize them both to your preference. I've already handled everything else."

She nodded. I think it took her breath that I bought her things that are so expensive.

"Do I have to get a job?" She asked, her waffles and fruit finished.

I shook my head. "As I said, I've handled all of it. You'll never have to worry about money. Leave that to me."
She nodded. "I'll get my phone and computer for you." And she walked back to her room, taking her new possessions with her.

I washed her plate and put it on the drying rack, right next to mine. London was back, handing me her old things.

"Um, Jackson?"

I looked up while putting her electronics in the drawer.

"I didn't have many clothes to begin with, and I'm pretty sure my sister took most of them."

"You need new ones?" I concluded for her, and she nodded. I pulled my debit card out of my wallet. She hesitantly took it from me. "Everything you order needs to be here within the next three days."

She nodded, smiling while running back to her room.

Having her here is everything I've wanted from her. Almost everything.