Snoggletog

Chapter 6: Snoggletog

This is Berk, boasting the kind of balmy, fun-in-the-sun climate that will give you frostbite on your spleen. The one upside is our annual holiday. We call it Snoggletog. Why we chose such a stupid name remains a mystery. But with the war long over, and dragons living among us, this year's Snoggletog promises to be one to remember.

Henna had just rolled over in bed when she felt her bed shake. Getting out of bed, she walked over to the window to see Toothless on the roof of the main part of the house. "Hasn't Hiccup woken up yet, big guy?!" She called out, smiling. He shook his head and jumped on the roof again, "Honestly, Hiccup. I'm in a separate building and I could feel that from over here."

"Well, good morning, Mr. Bossy!" Hiccup called out as he came around the side. Toothless smiled and shook with a chortle, making Hiccup copy him with a grin.

"About time!" Henna called out. "He shook me awake."

"Sorry! I guess my body is still healing. I feel like I need to sleep all the time now."

"It's understandable." She smirked, "It must be a relief, now that you and Toothless are practically twins. I wonder if I should feel left out."

"Oh, hardy har-har."

Hiccup yawned and walked forward, still rubbing his eyes, "Do you always have to wake me up so early to go flying-" Hiccup's still new metal foot slips on the ice, but Toothless catches him.

"Stupid leg." He looked down, stretching his left leg, "Oh, thanks buddy, I'm okay."

"Nice catch Toothless!" Henna called down, "Guess he's still not used to being a real Viking yet?"

"Hey!" Hiccup looked up, "Dad doesn't have any prosthetics on him."

"Yeah, well, he's Stoick."

Hiccup paused at that, "Good point." He rubbed Toothless on the head, "Yeah, we'll go flying."

Toothless smiles and burps in Hiccup's face. "Eww, eww, what? Eww! Argh! Toothless." He looked up as Henna laughed and frowned, "Just wait until its your Dragon's turn to do that to you."

"Good thing about my Dragon. She's a Tidal Class Dragon. The water is constantly rinsing out her mouth."

1-2-3-4-5

Henna went down to the beach and smiled as a beautiful dragon in shades of teal, pale pink and sea-foam green flew out and landed next to her. "Hey there, beautiful."

She rubbed the female dragon's muzzle and smiled, "You know, you need a name. Something befitting a Sea Queen." She pondered for a moment, "A Tidal Class dragon that flies. Well, it looks more like dancing. That's it. I'll call you Shimmer Myst. Shimmer for short. Do you like that?" The newly named dragon reared her leg and nodded in happiness.

1-2-3-4-5

Gobber stood in front of the Great Hall, eyeing the decorations as they were hung with a critical glare. "How about here?" a woman called, holding a festive shield up to the wall. The Gronkle she was riding growled in approval.

The blacksmith, however, had a different opinion. "A little more to the right!" he called. "Yes, that's it... a little more... perfect!"

Satisfied, the woman hung the shield just over the door and flew off to get some more decorations. "A little picky, aren't you Gobber?" Henna asked as she walked up with Shimmer, "I mean, it's just decorations."

"Nothing is too good for this year's celebrations." Stoick said as he came down the steps. He slapped Gobber on the shoulder, looking at the Great Hall with approval, "You're all doing a fine job!" He turned around and headed for town square with Gobber and his daughter. "Did you finally come up with a name for her?"