𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡𝗧𝗢𝗪𝗡

CW: teasing, fingering, drinking

As the street lights danced across your face as you drove, you couldn't help but feel the pings of jealousy course through your body as your little brother, Steve, and his friends, Sam and Bucky, talked about Bucky's latest escapades.

"Yeah, I don't know about her," Bucky said, as Steve and Sam goaded him on. "We've hooked up a few times but, eh, I don't necessarily wanna date her. She won't really let me get a word in."

You smiled to yourself, hoping that his apathetic attitude about this girl left you with a chance to be with him. You had been in love with him for years, but when you'd confessed your secret to your brother, he'd had a different reaction than you were hoping for.

"Come on, Steve, Bucky's a great guy! Wouldn't you rather I be with a friend of yours who you know won't be an asshole to me?!" you'd asked, trying to persuade him after he had practically forbidden you from dating Bucky.

"No," he had responded coldly, "I think you can find someone who loves you and isn't my best friend."

You'd rolled your eyes at your brother, who had to be the most annoying person on the planet. He'd dated your friend, Nat. So why couldn't you date Bucky?

Driving down the highway toward downtown, you continued to reflect on that conversation as the guys laughed and reminisced on their one night stands with different girls who'd fallen for the trio of popular college guys. They were decorated athletes, charming, and handsome, much to your distaste of being the lesser Rogers sibling. You and Steve had been close growing up, but as you'd both reached college, it had always felt like Steve could do no wrong, while you were judged heavily for every decision you made. You were trying desperately to not hear a word Steve said, while simultaneously trying to listen to Bucky.

Pulling you from your entranced state, you felt a hand on your shoulder. Bucky's hand.

"How are you doing?" he asked. Sam and Steve were distracted, talking about something else now.

"Good," you responded. You wanted to add more to your response, but lacked any sort of clarity on what to say or ask him. It was past midnight and you had already been ready for bed when Steve had walked into your childhood bedroom, asking if you'd drive them downtown so they could hit up their favorite bars.

Like you, they'd all gotten home not too long ago from college, ready for the much deserved summer break before another year of papers, studying, and, apparently, a lot of partying.

"How's your job? Is it going well for you?" he inquired, keeping the conversation alive. You could feel the goosebumps on raise on your skin as he talked close to your ear from behind you. Looking up, you prayed you could keep everyone on the road.

"It's been a lot, but it's been rewarding," you replied, "Thanks for asking. How are you doing?"

"I'm feeling good! A night out with the boys is always a good time, if you ask me."

You nodded, your blonde, messy curls moving with your head. That's all he could really see of you, and you were hopeful that he liked what he saw. Biting your cheek, you kept driving down the deserted lanes, the destination just minutes away.

Seeing a lull in the conversation between Sam and Steve too, you jumped at the chance to guilt trip your brother, and continue to talk to Bucky.

"Bucky, I saw that your sister was invited out with you all a few weeks ago. That's so sweet of you to bring her with. Steve here never invites me to things like that."

Sam smacked Steve, who was sitting in the passenger seat. "Next time she's coming out with us, not just driving us."

"Ow! Jeez... fine," Steve said, clutching his arm. "She can come with. Didn't think she'd want to come out with us though since I'm her brother."