Chapter Seventeen

This is the continuation and the last part of the chapter of flashbacks, the timeline was set during Izana and Mao's escape and after their escape.

▪▪▪

There was an underground tunnel that LN owned, it was connected to a private landing zone at Sarushima Island just around in Tokyo, he had told Izana and his one and only female subordinate—Mao, who had come to personally pick him that night at an old apartment to where the entrance of the tunnel was located, at the other end where the landing zone were Hanma and Kisaki.

The two men were waiting for Izana and Mao there since they were told by Izana that he wouldn't allow them to see LN—keeping the old man's face and identify from his subordinates, including Mao; who was oddly silent and anxious waiting for their departure outside the Apartment—for she had accidentally learned something she shouldn't have.

"Did you pass by my room?" Her eyes went round upon hearing the freezing voice from behind her, she was about to turn around when the male from behind him added, "Keep your head straight ahead and walk. LN is still close behind us and you're not allowed to see his face."

Swallowing the hard lump in her throat she bobbed her head and threaded the way towards the open huge drainage. She managed to gave out a broken response, "R-right."

The two of them went on ahead with LN staying behind them and watching their backs, the whole tunnel was dimmed dark and the path was rocky and dusty, it would be around some minutes of walk before they could reach the exit of the tunnel.

In the middle of the blinding darkness Izana turned around one more time, towards the old man's direction as he and Mao were about to reach the other half of the long tunnel, and with much gratitude and enthusiasm he reminded him, "Don't get caught old man, we've still got a promise to fulfill."

Izana's voice echoed throughout the area and LN from the entrance of the tunnel smiled in relief, wishing the two would safely reach the landing zone, he was about to open his mouth to respond on the male's reminder when someone suddenly cocked a gun at the side of his head.

Closing his mouth he raised his hands as the Commander of the FBI calmly told him, "You're so fucked up LN."

He knew that, but he was praying that his risks would all be worth it in the end as he heard the man demanded his men, "Proceed with the operation of bombing the center after two minutes, keep in mind that our priority is catching Kurokawa. I'm taking LN straight in the Institution."

▪▪▪

The two escapees maintained on their tracks walking in such pace

Izana frowned as he turned ahead upon hearing the loud pulsating sounds coming from the rotor blades of the helicopter, two figures were standing at the exit of the tunnel and Izana frowned as he bumped against Mao who suddenly froze on her tracks.

"What?" Izana tried peering over the female's shoulder but he was immediately pushed forward by Mao who yelled in terror, "Take cover Izana!"

Insistive and explosive sounds were heard the moment Mao had jumped off from the bomb she accidentally stepped on, falling on a soft bumpy and cold surface she groaned at the unpleasant smell coming underneath her.

Lifting her head she saw how Izana was struggling to stand up from the ground, his hands clutching his head, groans and grunts from severe headache came slipping from his mouth.