Streaking

Stephanie walked down the stairs leading to the door to the basement and stepped her cigarette into the ground. When she entered she heard Kelso say "I've noticed that the pop selection has really gone downhill since your dad got laid-off" She just looked at Hyde with a confused look who mouthed to her not to worry. "He's not laid off he's just part time!"

"Kids! The presidents coming!" Mrs Forman came sprinting down the stairs looking flustered. "What president?" Her son asked her. "The president of the United States, Gerald R Ford. The thirty sixth, eighth, fortieth, i dont know he's the president!" The woman ran into the back storage room. "Why would the president wanna come here?" Steph wondered and stayed lazily looking through Forman's record collection.

Mrs Forman rambled on about cleaning the house and baking a pie before she ran back upstairs. "Wow the presidents coming" "you know what we should do? That door thing again!" Kelso tan over to the doorway. "Wait what door thing?" Steph asked as she walked over to stand by Hyde. "Oh man you're gonna love it!" He grabbed her shoulders and lead her to the doorframe.

Stephanie woke up Monday morning to the smell of pot in her house, that's how she knew her dad was home. She got dressed and went downstairs to see Leo sat on the coach, in a fog of smoke, just staring at the tv. "Hey dad" she walked over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She loved her dad but he wasn't the most present, on the plus side she got free weed from him. "Hey kid, you wanna toke?" She took a puff of the blunt and walked to put her shoes on.

"As much as I'd love to stay I've got to get to school. I'll be home later, love you" and with that she stepped out the front door only fall as she bumped into someone. A large hand grabbed her waist to steady her and she looked up to see a pair of infamous dark sunglasses. "You been smoking already? You've gotta get to school missy." Hide poked fun, not removing his hand from her waist.

"What can I say, it makes school more bearable" she joked, she could see the faint outline of his eyes through his glasses. "What are you doing here anyway dude?" Steph reached up and took the sunglasses off of him and put them on her own face. "I dont know I thought we could walk together again?" He suddenly went a bit shy and looked away, making Stephanie smirk. "Common or we'll be late" she grabbed his hand and the pair began to walk.

Steph pulled her carton of cigarettes out of her pocket and lit one between her lips. "Won't your dad freak if he finds out you smoke?" "Who do you think buys them for me?" She chuckled. He pulled the cigarette from her mouth and took a drag.

The two walked hand in hand, sharing one cigarette as they approached the school. "I guess everyone's already in the gym." Hyde turned to face Steph and he reached out to take his glasses off of her. "You've got beautiful eyes man" stephs cheeks went red at the complement "crap I wasn't supposed to actually say that" they both laughed and Stephanie noticed him leaning slightly closer to her. "Thanks, so do you" they both closed their eyes and leaned close.

Suddenly the school bell rang, breaking the teenagers apart and they suddenly became very aware of what was happening. Their eyes went wide and they took a step away from each other. "We uh, we should go in." "Yeah we don't wanna be late"

The gym was stuffy and cramped, Stephanie and Hyde still stood together but the atmosphere felt very off. Steph couldn't even listen to the principals speech, she couldn't stop thinking about what almost happened and how much she wished they hadn't been interrupted. The bell rang again and Stephanie felt like it was taunting her. She mumbled goodbye to the group and went outside for a much needed cigarette.

Stephanie avoided Hyde as much as she could the following days. She left her house a little earlier, ate lunch off campus, and then came straight home. She was so embarrassed and couldn't stand the idea of seeing him yet. She sat on her bed, blunt in her hand, listening to music alone.