Why not me?

After they had left the cafe they wandered around random streets indulging in conversations for two whole hours before they realized how late it was. Akutagawa meant to offer to walk Atsushi back home, but he became too flustered. Finally he managed to say:

"Jinko, let's walk together since we live nearby one another." Akutagawa stated instead of asking. Atsushi nodded happily. They both felt warm inside. This whole day had been helpful for them both. Akutagawa finally got away from the pressure of being strong for the Port Mafia and being enough for his fomer mentor. Atushi got to relax and not have to worry about proving his self worth or rescuing people. Akutagawa came to the realization that having Atsushi around relaxed him and made him feel happy to be alive. He knew it was strange. They were meant to be enemies, but they both found warmth and safety in each other. It was odd. Soon they had gotten to the agency.

"We can stop here, my apartment is right next door to the agency." Atsushi stated. Akutagawa frowned slightly at the inevitable seperation. "I had a lot of fun!" Atsushi beamed at him. Akutagawa forgot his worries again at the sight of Atsushi's smile. It was beautiful to him, although he preffered to deny it even to himself.

"Me too." Akutagawa mumbled. Suddenly they heard a voice from somewhere nearby.

"Atsushi-kun!!"

"Dazai-san?" Atsushi muttered to himself. The infamous Dazai ran towards them.

"I saw you both from the agency windows!" Dazai told Atsushi. He paused momentarily before adding, "Kunikida had me stay overtime." His face told Atushi it had not been a fun day. "Atsushi-kun!! I'm so proud, you finally got a date!!" Dazai recovered quickly.

"E-eh?! No Dazai-san, it's nothing like that!" By now, Akutagawa had zoned out in thought. Dazai was proud. Proudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproudproud.

Proud of Atsushi and not him.