CH. THREE

Third chapter 🥺
———
First Person PoV
[Peter Parker]

After I was given a trophy, Mister Stark went around taking pictures with everyone and signing autographs, all that nice stuff.

I'm at Ned's booth and we're just talking.

"See, I told you it was gonna be you!"

I shake my head and look at the trophy that Mister Stark gave me. He inscripted my name onto it with some kind of laser thing he had, then he signed his name on it. I run my finger over the writing.

"I just don't see how he chose me."

"Because you're great," he says in a tone that says 'duh'. He looks behind me and smiles. "He's walking over here."

I turn around to see that he is, in fact, walking over to us.

"Hello, Mister Leeds," he nods at Ned.

"Uh, hi, Mister Tony Stark," Ned looks at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Peter," Mister Stark looks at me, "if you'll come with me for a second, I need to speak with you."

I look at Ned, slightly panicked. He just grins and gives me thumbs up.

"Yeah, okay..."

I follow him and he leads me to the hallway outside the gym.

"What'd you need to talk about..?" I ask once we stop walking.

"I've been watching over you for quite a while, and I've never really seen a kid as smart as you. You have potential, Peter."

"I, uh, thank you, Mister Stark," I feel my face heat up and I look at the floor.

"I told you to call me Tony. Anyways, I was wondering if you'd be interested in coming to work at the Avengers tower as my personal intern."

I look up at him with wide eyes. "Excuse me?"

"It's completely up to you, but I think that we would make a great team," he says. "You know, you help me out in the lab, and you'll have more recourses, more tools. You can create things, upgrade that little robot of yours. You can also help me upgrade the Avengers' equipment. It's a great opportunity. What do you think, kid?"

I just stare at him in shock.

Is this a dream? Am I dreaming? It feels like it.

"Mister Stark, I... don't really know what to say."

"Yes or no would be great, but if you need time to think about it, just say so and I'll give you however long you need."

"Thank you so much for this opportunity, Mister Stark, not in a million years would I have thought that something like this would happen to me. But, yes, I would be honored to be your intern."

He smiles at that. "That's great, absolutely amazing. You start Sunday, I'll have Happy pick you up. Here, let me put my number in your phone so that you can contact me when you need to." He holds his hand out and I pull my phone out of my pocket, unlocking it and handing it to him.

After he puts his contact in, he hands it back to me and I thank him, putting it away.

"Now, don't tell anyone about the internship, alright? Not even your guardian can know."

I nod in understanding. "Of course, Mister Stark, I won't tell a soul, I promise."

He stares into my eyes for a bit as if looking into my soul, then he pats my shoulder. "Good, let's head back now, I have to leave soon."