Dog House

Sirius woke up to the most wondrous sight the following day.

"Or perhaps not," his hormonal teenager brain thought as the cogs started putting two-and-two together.

He'd slept in the treehouse, which wasn't comfortable given the hard wooden floor, but at least the sleeping bag helped keep him somewhat warm. And when the morning came, it was nice and sunny, so stepping out into the warm sun to stretch those stiff muscles made sense.

Which was when he ended up catching sight of something that made his jaw drop while his idiot mind wondered if Muggle boys who lived next door to Muggle girls were lucky enough to ever accidentally catch sight of their female neighbors completely naked, for there was absolutely no way a girl from Wizarding society would pull off her nightgown unless the curtains were drawn.

And his jaw dropped.

To which she turned and was looking right at him.

And—

"She is super hot!" Sirius's brain went while he felt heat build up in his ears and cheeks, his jaw clamping shut as he swallowed. And she likewise was turning quite a vivid red to match his own while screaming. He knew she called despite being inside because her mouth opened and her hand clamped over those beauties as the curtain slid shut and—

It opened up, his face still red, and Serenity looked out. And idiot him decided to smile and wave despite knowing she, of all people, already thought he was a pervert. It also clicked that he was in massive trouble once her older sister got out there, so he did what any teenage boy who illegally turned himself into an Animagus would do.

He became a dog and sat there wagging his tail, lolling his tongue, and playing nice just in time for the sister to come out, slamming the backdoor shut and begin climbing the latter. So there she was, now staring at him—dog Sirius—while he wondered how to best get out of the situation he now found himself in, not ever thinking of how a dog of all things would get up into a treehouse.

Until Sarah mentioned it and called him that Serenity girl's boyfriend, who did cause a bit of an amusing response from the girl as her sister started climbing up to rescue the poor doggie that the perverted boy left up a ladder, quite literally. And he backed off into the treehouse, letting her come up, wondering what he would do next as she asked Serenity if she might see if there was anything in the garage they could use to rescue him.

She stared at him, frowning, then stood up, looking down at Serenity and Peggy as he heard the door open and close again. And his teenage brain went to work as only his teenage brain would work, rather than working as a bright, socially awkward teenager like his younger brother. The latter wouldn't have gotten himself in this situation or would have been super polite in the first place.

He changed and grabbed her from behind and—

Sirius felt the heat return to his face, worse than before, even though he was not at all new to experiencing the fairer sex—if they were his age. And he yelled out as his hand clamped over her mouth so she couldn't scream and cause the neighbors to call the police on him, which was the last thing he needed. "Bloody Merlin! You're not wearing a bra!"

And Serenity looked up at him, the corner of her mouth twisted, before saying, "Didn't I tell you, Sarah? Sirius Black is an absolute pervert?"

"I am not!" He called out. "And it's not my fault she started changing with the curtains wide open!"

His face was a bright red, and Peggy watched, tilting her head as if what was going on confused her. He took a deep breath and—

"I am so sorry!" He let her go, backing away and bowing his head, doing something he knew Walburga Black would throw a fit at if she ever knew.

"You were ogling my breasts!" Sarah said, turning, nearly falling over the edge only to grab onto the railing.

He stood up and gave her a dirty look. "Well, what do you expect a sixteen-year-old boy to do in such a situation? Goodness knows I wasn't expecting to wake up to that this morning!"

"And what were you doing sleeping in Peggy Anne's treehouse?"

Sirius continued to glare. "I think you know, given there is no longer a dog up here, just who I am and the fact I don't have anywhere else to go." He then bowed. "You're an adult, so help me! If possible, I want to get back to my world to save my little brother!"

There came a pause. Then, "Wait. You're really Sirius Black?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Sirius said.

"Because you're asking an adult for help."

"Well, it's not as if I have any other option, but I do know I want to keep Regulus alive, and I know he's meant to die."

"But if you go back to your world, you may not remember this one," Sarah had to say.

"At least that's better than me being stuck here, worried sick about Regulus! And he's stuck with them!"

Silence. Then—

"Come inside so we can talk, although I don't even know if there is a way for you to get back to your world. You've been up here in the treehouse since I kicked you out, so I know you've not eaten since then, so join us for breakfast."

Sarah began to climb down the ladder. Serenity was there with her jaw dropped as Peggy was hurrying inside. "What? You're just going to..."

"It's not as if we can do much more than that. Surprised we don't have a letter or some ministry official here, given the fact he's only sixteen. But we can't leave him, can we?"

"Well..."

"Serenity."

"Fine. We'll help, though I doubt we can. After all, we're Muggles."

And there was no telling if there was even a Ministry of Magic in this particular world.