ELEVEN

"You think I can't have fun?" Ethan barged into my classroom that Monday, in the middle of my seventh period, and all of my students looked over at him. Ethan folded his arms as he approached me, staring down at me as he spoke. "You think I've got a stick up my arse, don't you?"

I glanced around awkwardly. "This isn't the best time—"

"Give me some clay," He interrupted.

I narrowed my eyes. "What?"

"Teach me how to do whatever the hell you do in this class," He continued, scratching his beard and looking around at the awestruck students. "And don't make it a big deal, yeah? I'm just here to prove a point, nothing else."

It took me a minute to register what he was saying, but when it hit me I grinned. "Oh. I'll be right with you, Coach."

He scoffed and went over to the wheels, so I finished helping Zach with his slab piece on his desk.

Zach wasn't focused anymore, though. Instead, he constantly looked over at Ethan, a confused look on his face.

I giggled. "Zach?"

He didn't pull his eyes away from Ethan. "Yeah?"

"Are you good now? Or do I need to explain it again?"

"I'm good," He looked back at his desk and I noticed him smirking. "He's been my coach for three years, and I've never seen him talk to a teacher as much as he talks to you. Besides maybe Coach Minter."

I raised an eyebrow.

Maybe he didn't hate me that much after all.

"That's good news," I stood. "Apparently, he wants to learn how to use the wheel, so I'll be over there if you need anything else."

"Okay."

I smiled before walking away, grabbing two aprons from their hooks next to my desk and handing one to Ethan. He sat down on one of the stools after he tied the apron on and muttered something under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked as I tied my hair up in a messy bun.

"Nothing," He let out a sigh.

My smile faded slightly, and I prayed he didn't notice. "Look, if you don't want to do this just say so."

"I'm the one that came in here," He shrugged, a light smirk coming onto his face. "So teach me."

"So you're not mad about last night?"

"How could I say mad at you, Princess?"

I frowned, glancing around to see if any students had heard that. It didn't seem like they did, so I looked back at him. "Why do you call me that?"

"One, because I know it bothers you," He chuckled and I cursed, hating that he'd figured that out without me telling him. "Two, because you remind me of what I'd imagine a princess would look and act like."

"I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not."

He shrugged. "Take it how you will."

"Then it doesn't bother me," I filled a tub of water and set some clay down on the wheel in front of him. "It's just the opposite, babe. It's endearing."

That comment got us some weird looks, and Ethan sighed.

"Fair play. Let's just get this done before practice, yeah?" He sat up straight and I came over to him, getting the small sponge wet and setting up his wheel.