Chapter 1

Leaves were plucked from the trees as the wind carried them and laid them on the soft ground of dancing grass. The team sat in the grass as they talked over a picnic. The seasons have changed like the color of the leaves that lost their brilliant greens. Medic shivered and put his arms around himself. "Ach! It'z freezing" Medic tried to keep himself warm by keeping his arms around himself. The man hid his face in his scarf to keep it from freezing in the cold.

    Heavy, his partner put his arm around medic and held him close. It was nice having the team together again and spending time in the chilly weather of fall. Medic looked at Heavy with a small smile that looked so sweet, which was rarely seen by the team. "Danke Liebling '' Heavy smiled and gave medic a small nod. "Anything for you doktor" Spy was sitting underneath a tree. He had one eye open and a cigarette in his hand.

    He grumbled. "Get a room you two" The man huffed, smoke left his lungs. Engineer sat beside him, holding his guitar. He looked at Spy with a small, yet sweet smile. "Spook, don't ya go sayin' stuff like that" Spy huffed and looked at Engineer. He couldn't go on and argue with the beauty that is this man. A small sigh came from him.

    He looked away and covered his eyes with his arm, a small smile peaked through. "Whatever..." he mumbled. Engineer smiled and went back to tuning his guitar. He played with the chords as he tried getting the guitar to sound like it was in tip-top shape. "So team, what would y'all like me to play on this fine evenin'?" He looked at his team, who was sitting in front of him. They all were out on this chilly evening having a picnic and enjoying the time they spent together, after all the war had ended a while back now.

    Soldier jumped up, parting with the conversation he had with demo. "OH! Play that one song that you always played around the campfire!" The man grinned, earning a small chuckle from engineer. The man tipped his hat a bit. "Alright partner, will do" The team quieted down and turned their attention to engineer as he strung the string of his guitar, playing a song that was loved by everyone. Pyro happily sat there, watching as engineer played. He sat beside scout, who seemed to have quieted down as well.

    Scout had a big smile on his face. Pyro glanced at scout and smiled. It sure was nice to have everyone here. He looked at Soldier and soon enough everyone sang along with engineer, besides Spy who hummed along rather than singing with the others. The team seemed to enjoy themselves on this fine evening as they sang along to Engineer's guitar. Once the music ceased, the team went back to chattering with each other.

    Spy placed his arm over his face again and exhaled, relaxing. Engineer smiled. He picked up the picnic basket and stood. "Who's hungry?" The man looked at everyone in front of him. They all gave them their attention and soon enough they all answered him, of course, the answer that was most heard was soldiers as he was the most enthusiastic about eating. Pyro found this his least favorite part about having a picnic in a park with so many people and children around.

    He wasn't very comfortable with showing the world how he looked under the gas mask. Everyone was handed a plate and soon enough the team grabbed their share of food and went back to chattering away. Laughter filled the air and smiles were placed on everyone's faces. Pyro held his plate, looking at the food that was placed there. It felt like everyone was watching him, even though he knew no one was looking. He looked at Scout, confused when he saw him without a plate and not eating since the man would normally devour anything that came across him.

    Pyro looked at his plate and then scout. He kept his gaze on the man and he was about to speak until he felt the presence of another. He looked up to meet snipers eyes. The man was looming over him, he looked concerned. "You alroight there mate?" Sniper asked. Pyro made eye contact with sniper.

    Sniper kept his gaze on pyro, he swore that he could see a pair of eyes through the lenses of the gas mask. "Look loike you've seen a ghost mate" Pyro slowly nodded. He smiled slightly and gave sniper a thumbs up. He held the plate in his other hand. Sniper gave pyro a small nod, holding his hat as he did so. The man practically stepped over pyro and grabbed his fair share of lunch.

    He returned to his spot by a tree as he preferred to be by himself. Pyro eventually got up, forgetting about the whole scout ordeal. He wasn't really the person to go to when it came to remembering things. Pyro walked a bit far out, leaves crunched under his boots. He could still hear soldier yelling though so He thought his distance from the team was alright. He sat down by the tree, facing away from where his teammates were.

    He looked around, making sure no one was around him before he took off his gas mask. He pulled his hood up, and two cat ears poked up as they were attached to the hood. He exhaled and smiled, about to take a bite. The man jumped as he saw someone standing in front of him. He looked up, meeting scouts blue eyes. He jumped and quickly looked down.

    "W..what are you doing here?'' Pyro mumbled as he shifted uncomfortably. Scout spoke up "well, just makin' sure you're alright and well...was just a bit curious is all '' The boy smiled and sat down beside pyro, his dog tags clinked together as he sat down on the soft grass. "You're an idiot" Pyro mumbled. He pulled scouts hat over his face. He smiled and looked at the little cake on his plate. "hEy! What'd you do that for py?" Scout exclaimed as he lifted his hat back up.

    He looked at pyro with a bit of a pouty expression. Pyro looked at scout. He had frosting on the tip of his finger. He put it on scouts nose, causing the man the move his face away. Scout now had frosting on his nose. Pyro giggled. The man brightly smiled "just because" Scout huffed and crossed his arms.

    He leaned on the tree and looked away but a smile crept up on his face. Pyro leaned back. He ate the cake that was on his plate. This....this was nice. Pyro happily hummed as the sweet frosting of the cake melted in his mouth. The two sat beside each other, enjoying their time together in this chilly, fall weather. "So, scout do you maybe want to pick some flowers with me later?" Pyro awaited a response from the boy but he was met with silence.

    "Scout?" Pyro looked over, seeing scout gone. He was left confused since scout had just disappeared...There were no footsteps and the kid hadn't said anything about him leaving. Pyro stood up. He had his gas mask wedged in his armpit as he held his plate. He looked at the gloves he was wearing and saw frosting covering it...didn't he..Pyro peaked around the tree, maybe scout was just trying to surprise him and he was back with the team right..? Pyro looked at the team and he saw scout, laughing with the others.

    Pyro smiled and exhaled. He felt relief wash over him when he saw scout, glad that he was okay and enjoying himself. Pyro was careful with the plate when he put the gasmask on. He went off to go join the others on the picnic blanket, each one of them enjoying themselves, laughing and singing along till sunset.