chapter 6

No one's pov

The flashing pool starts flashing faster and faster as Maven's fight continued. Error and 404 hoped that Maven could win, and in the end he did. After the fight the pool condensed into a sphere around Maven, then it burst making it rain, skowly refilling the pool.

Maven's pov
After I get out I walk over to Error and 404 and then realize my body is sore. Once I get over there I take a rest and they ask what happened, I skip the part about the familiar skeletons and go to the fight.
"This was more of a trail than an upgrade"(Me)
"Fair but it has unlocked potential that rests within you, so you can become stronger than before"(404)
"Neato"(Me)
"I'm just surprised that you weren't injured any worse"(Error)
"I didn't know you cared, thanks Error"(Me)
Error punches my arm.
"It seems there is also red lining around your eye sockets"(404)
"Cool"(Me)
"Also there are cracks around your eyesockets going near the sides of your skull"(Error)
"Hm, interesting"(Me)

It seems the flames actually did damage to my eyes. I get up and ask Error if he wants to spar, he agrees. We walk a bit away and start attacking each other. A bit of dodging from me and him, we both hit each other quite a bit. It seems this "experiment" has weakened me for a while. I rush in punch him a few times and riddle him with bones. He gets up and answers with blasters and bones after I dodge a few things he uses blue magic and blasts me and once I break free he surrounds me in blue bones in a thiry foot radius. He continues blasting and peppering me with attacks, I block until all the attacks clear. Once I can move I rush in and hit him with bones, he dodges a few and gets hit by three. He starts rushing in as well, after we both dodge a few attacks we both punch each other in the face knocking us both back.

Once we both rest up I take a nap until I have to leave to fight Nightmare. Once I get up I see 404 staring at a stat sheet, he notices me and says "you've healed a bit, but take it easy, heavy lightning attacks will tire you out easily in this state".
"Okay, no lightning got it"(Me).
I leave to the doodle sphere and Ink greets me. There are a few other skeletons here, Ink introduces me to them.
"Guys, this is Maven"(Ink)
"This guy doesn't look that strong" one in red scoffs.
"Your lucky you aren't fighting me cause you would've already lost" I say as I tap his shoulder from behind, he jumps away.
"HOW DID YOU-" as he gets interupted by another person wearing blue.
"Calm down red, Ink chose him personally so I know he's strong".
I go back to where I was and started tampering with some magic while no one watched. Ink was briefing everyone on our plan of attack, we bust in and lock up Nightmare after tiring him out. No one needs to die, good. Then Ink introduces me to eveyone, the one I messed with is Fell or "Red", the one who defended me is "Blue", the one in the corner talking to Ink is "Classic", and the human staring at my eyes is "Chara"(they must like my natural eye liner). I continue messing with magic as storyshift Chara walks over and says "What AU are you from"?
"Don't have an AU"(Me).
"Then where do you live"(Chara)?
"In the multiverse, somewhere"(Me).
"What are you doing"(Chara)?
"Tinkering with my magic"(Me).
"Cool, oh yeah what's up with your eyes"(Chara)? I knew she was curious about them.
"I got fire sent into my skull and pulled back out, and it went through my eye sockets"(Me)
"Oh, does it hurt"(Chara)?
"Not at all, well not anymore at least"(Me)

It seems she is done investigating me and walks away and talks to Classic for a bit. I ask Ink why he's called Classic and he explains that he is sans form the original undertale AU.(interesting). I walk over and say "If your from the original AU does that mean you're strong"?
"No, I'm not all that strong, a bit weaker than Red over there"(Classic)
"We could train, my strategy to being strong is to make your magic more efficient so it takes less energy to use"(Me)
"Thanks kid I'll remember that"(Classic).

Ink tells everyone about Nightmare's puppets, the murder quartet. It consists of Dust the healer, Insanity the twitchy one, Killer the strategic one, and Horror the axe swinging slasher. These are the goons I met before, they shouldn't be hard to knock out or distract, but some of the people here aren't very strong and might have trouble, I should keep an eye socket out for them. I walk over and as we get ready Red says "This'll be a peice a cake".
"I'm not so sure, it seems Maven is injured and can't use his full power"(Chara). That one has good eyes.
"I should be fine, I can take a lot of hits"(Me)
"Also at this power I could beat Ink three times over without trying much"(Me)
"So what your saying is, we got this in the bag"(Red)
"Yeah, pretty sure"(Me)
I walk over as Ink prepares everyone and as he gives the signal, we all jump into a portal he makes. We arrive and see a dark castle in the distance and start walking over. For stealth reasons I hide my power and focus on that, maybe some mental training couldn't hurt. Once we get close up we go in and start splitting up. Ink and Blue are together, Red and Dream are together with Classic, and then it's Chara and I. I don't really need a teammate but I'll take the extra help, she is one of the stronger ones anyway so I shouldn't have to help her much.

We round a corner and see nothing but emptiness, we search a few rooms and still nothing. We keep moving until we bump into Killer, this won't be an issue. I teleport behind him and chop his neck knocking him out.
"Nice work"(Chara). I nod my head and think, Nightmare has to be connected to these guys so I don't think he'll let us capture them without a fight. I see after I search the area Killer vanished, we should probably find the others amd inform them. We move passed the kitchen and large dining room, man these guys live in luxury so large yet only five people. We find Dream and his group with Insanity retreating into darkness.
"This place is empty, besides these guys"(Red).
"I think Nightmare is trying to tire us out or split us up"(Dream).
"Maybe"(Me).
"I think he wants to fight me, cause I refused his offer"(Me).
If it's a fight he wants then it's a fight he gets. I teleport out of the castle and wait for him there. He eventually arrives and I sense that he is bringing his goons, he's probably gonna lock me in here so no one can help. I take a step forward, he prepares and summons the goons.

They all attack at once, he taught them to cooperate, interesting. I dodge the barrage of slashes and bones, I send a few blasters back. I rush in, make an explosion with a blaster and dash through them towards Nightmare. He launches me into the air and tries stabbing at me. His goons join in and attack me while I fall towards Nightmare. I dodge lots of attacks and in a split second punch Nightmare three times and as I hit the ground I make a fifty foot radius circle of bones coming from the ground. The bones deal little damage I'm just trying to tire them out. The only way I'll be able to tire Nightmare is to keep up the attack, so I blast him and keep hitting him, making him regenerate every few seconds. After about a minute I make lots of large blasters dealing twelve damage each and fire at him it seems to have stunned him for a little bit. It seems our group has arrived and are fighting the murder quartet, this is good. I just hope they can last a while as I deal with Nightmare. I rush in punch him apart a few times blast him and use blue magic to condense him so he is easier to hit, it kinda works. After more blasting he seems tired and is getting a little bit slower. This is going well.

Next time