𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐋 𝐕 𝐄

IT WAS OFFICIALLY THE DAY OF EDWINA AND ANTHONY'S WEDDING. Now don't get Cassiopeia wrong and say she didn't like the two together. It's more so it didn't fit right with her for numerous reasons. But the main one was how it all was affecting Kate.

She was currently with her godmother as they decided on this and that for the wedding.

"Yes," Charlotte said in a bore.

"No." Cassiopeia sighed just as bored.

Charlotte and Cassiopeia sniffed the pie, it smelt rather good to them as they smirked at each other before they went on to the next one, the smell was immediately distasteful as Cassiopeia knocked the decorations off it.

The two stood outside now as they awaited more and to say Cassiopeia was not impressed would be the understatement of the year.

"Does it fly?" Charlotte asked as the two looked at a weird-looking animal. Cassiopeia believed the name was a peacock.

"Uh, some, Your Majesty." 

Cassiopeia scoffed and raised an eyebrow, "What kind of answer is "some"?" 

"Well, it does not soar, but if you like, I can place it on a high perch and allow it to glide down." He replied,

"Only if you follow its path." Charlotte snarked,

"The fireworks are ready, Your Majesty, Your Highness." a servant said behind them as they walked through the palace. "Timed perfectly to discharge directly after the bride and groom utter, "I do.""

"Whatever you have planned is not good enough, Brimsley. Make them bigger, longer, brighter. Our guests must be captivated... I believe I asked for His Majesty's wing to be closed off today. I do not wish for anyone to lose their way and end up somewhere... Curious."

"Of course ma'am. Though, you may rest assured His Majesty appeared in rather good spirits this morning."

"And what of our other grand plan?" Cassiopeia asked as they walked outdoors yet again. "Is everything in place?"

"Indeed." the servant replied, "Every young lady that remains under suspicion of being Lady Whistledown will have a footman assigned to her, watching her every move."

Cassiopeia had been as eager to find out who Whistledown was as much as Charlotte. She wanted to know who the culprit was who had been spreading cruel lies about her.

"Simply watching will not be enough." Charlotte stated, "We must entrap the scribbler. Perhaps you might put forth false rumors so that when Whistledown prints them, we will be able to trace the origins."

"An ingenious idea, ma'am."

"Yes," Cassiopeia spoke up, "that is why she thought of it."

Charlotte nodded at her words, "The author thinks she has bested us all with her illicit spying and reporting. Well, no one has sharper eyes on the ton than I do."

𝐈𝐈

It was finally time for the wedding as all the guests had arrived. It just daunted the princess when she saw Colin that tomorrow she would be leaving. That today would be the last she would see of the Sharma's, the Bridegertons. Oh, even the Featheringtons! But most of all Colin Bridgerton.