23 Mother knows best

September 14, 1997

Dear Diary, I have been home for two weeks but I'm back at Hogwarts now. I arrived at the floo and when I got home my mother had clearly been crying in the lounge. She rushed up to me and obviously gave me a hug and I told her where I was. 

I was at Max's summer house with his family and I sent her a letter. I told her that his family are very nice people and I had a great time. 

She seemed calmer after that and bought my lies. I spend some time cleaning the house, reading in the study in complete silence with mum and playing with Milo. He has gotten so big, he's running around and can speak full sentences. Yesterday he kept repeating "Dada" and I could see it broke mums heart, she left the room after that and hid away for hours. 

We were all fine until yesterday. I woke up really early and made breakfast for us all, my signature homemade strawberry toast. I had just rolled up my long sleeves to wash my hands when I heard glass shatter from the other side of the room. 

My mother was pale as a ghost and she had dropped a vase of tulips. I quickly concealed my arms again but it was too late, she saw. 

She whipped her wand out of her robe pocket. 

"Incarcerous!" She shouted and shot at me, a large thick rope fired out from her wand and tied my wrists together. 

I went to pull and try to escape

"Don't move!" She shouted with her wand still pointed at me.

"I should have known there was something wrong from the second you stepped through the floo. The Rosiers are not "nice people!". 

"I went to school with Evan and Cyrcus. They traumatised the Hufflepuff's, were in some sort of club with Lucius Malfoy and Marcus Nott"

"Mum stop it's not what you think!" I shouted in my defence. 

"If this is what you choose for yourself fine!" She spat completely ignoring me

"But I won't have you living under my roof. Get out!" 

"Mum won't you let me explain" I pleaded but she cut me off again

"I don't give a damn about your reasoning. I will not have you infecting this household any longer". She shouted and released the ropes.

I was about to go quietly but when she said that it was like a switch flipped. 

"Any longer?!" I shouted back 

"Ever since you killed Charles there has been something wrong with you!, your Veela filth!, your father wanted to look after you but I was all for leaving you in France to suffer!. Charles was a sweet, lovely, kind boy and you took everything from him!. How many more people have you killed now that you are a death eater?. I don't ever want to see your face again. Get out of my house, you aren't the daughter I raised". She shouted sounding murderous. 

"Oh come on mum don't pretend. I have never really been your daughter" I said holding myself together, My heart felt like it was shattered, I never knew she could be cruel. I began walking to my room again and then I heard you whisper under her breath. 

"Your father would be so disappointed". 

I just ignored her and went up to my room to pack. I didn't say goodbye. I took some other things from my room,  just a fluffy rabbit teddy bear and my books. McGonagall was right, this was never my room. 

So now I'm back at Hogwarts and I'm planning how to finish my task, I do need to think about home anymore. it's not really home anymore, I have a new home and I will do everything in my power to protect it. I might not live to see it through but ill do it, ill do it for Draco.