2

"What the fuck do you mean you can't come ?"

"I meant what I said, Shenice. I'm busy in the studio so I won't be home until tomorrow. What is it that you don't understand ?", my boyfriend of 6 years told me. "Tomorrow ? Nigga, your shit will be outside in the next hour ! You think I'm playing with you ?", I yelled into my phone.

After reuniting with Zion through social media, he insisted on us coming to visit. And by us, I mean my besties and Nasir. Nasir has been in the studio working on his EP, but there's no reason for him to not come home. But, like I told Zion earlier, we have been on and off. And as of right now, we're off.

Me and Nasir started dating in our last two years of high school and continued up until now. Since he started his music career, we haven't been stable. He's been disloyal ever since we moved to LA. I always find some new bitch in his phone and every time he tells me "We just friends." I'm not that stupid.

The main reason I haven't left him yet is because he's all I know. He was my first for everything. I use to be so in love that I wouldn't even look at another nigga. Now, I'm just being a dummy and tolerating the bullshit until I see a reason to finally go. "You touch my shit and imma touch you ! Let my shit be out there and imma break the door down again !", he yelled back.

I took a deep breath and sighed. "Nasir, why you got to be so fucking difficult ? We ain't seen Caleb in so long and now that he's inviting us all to his crib, you find another excuse not to be seen with me.", I say. "Nicey, it's not even like that. Stop whining all the fucking time.", he snapped at me.

"Then what the fuck is it, Nasir !?", I yelled back into the phone. "You know what ? Fuck this, and fuck you. I hope you got yo key.", I say before hanging up in his face. I took another deep breath and sighed. I felt like crying but I've done that too much already when it came to him.

"Sooooo, Mr. Can't Even Sing for real ain't coming ?", Jessica asked me. They were over at my place getting ready to leave with me. Zion got us a Uber today after we talked the day before. "No he ain't coming.", I say as I throw my phone on the bed.

"Well, fuck him.", Simone said as she flipped her braids to the side. "I didn't want him to come anyway.", Jessica added as they laughed and fell into each other. I rolled my eyes. Of course my besties ain't like my nigga. Zion ain't never like him when we were in high school.

Me and Zion was friends before I ever started dating. I'll wait until we get together before the story of us unravels. "Put me on wit ya boy. He a tall ass glass of water and I'm thirsty, ya feel me ?", Jessica said. "But then again, what if we get there and them niggas weird ? Like we already know Zion the only nigga.", Jessica said as she laid back on my bed with her purple Doritos. "Bruh, don't get that shit on my sheets.", I scolded.

"Chill out, Nicey.", Simone laughed. "Yeah, don't get mad cause Nas a bitch ass nigga.", Jessica said as she popped another chip in her mouth. "I'm not mad. I'm just aggravated. He always doing this shit.", I say as I sat on the edge of my bed. "You can always leave.", Simone told me as she sat next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"And where is he gonna go ? This is my crib.", I tell them. "We don't care where that nigga go. But he gotta leave from here ! This been going on for too long, Shenice.", Jessica said as she poked my back. "Don't you like Nick ?", Simone asked me. "Bitch, okay but that's like fantasy shit. He in a whole lil singing group.", I say. "I know he got hella hoes."