Chapter 6

There was an envelope displayed upon their counter, unopened and for lack of desire, rather unobserved by either resident. It was quiet within the house, one sipping upon a calming cup of tea, the other brandishing a knife for later use with the carrots. Silence filled the home because of revelations, though that was not the entire reason both parties remained silent, it was the news blaring upon the telly that kept them from speaking. Madara so liked to listen to the newscaster even when she had nothing to say, and Naruto found himself listening merely for the fact that he had grown adapt to the routine. He did however, glance to the envelope on the counter, for curiosity's sake, and a penchant for his own rebellion; but to his own surprise it was a letter not to him- but to his husband in addressed from the Prime Minister's assistant, Mito Uzumaki. Even in his own skepticism for finding her print at the left most corner clearly addressed, a single red hair seemed to solidify his doubt, and without pause for thought, without turning to his husband in question he threw the letter in the bin.

What the woman would want he could hardly fathom a guess- but a personal signing did not come from the prime minister's office. It was brazen, entirely childish, though he kept his lips sealed and focused on his knife, precaution swimming at his mind. Which is of course when a vibration came from his pocket and the soothing tunes of 'Billy Joel' filled the kitchen. There weren't many who would fathom to call him within the busy hours of the day, but he glanced at the number and flinched in reckoning. He put down the knife to glance at the number; it was one he recognized, the home number of one Uchiha household, it stroked at his ire to see.

Still he answered, a grunt resonating from his mouth instead of a proper greeting. "You piece of shit!" Was the first thing he heard from an almost offensively feminine voice. He turned the phone away for the sake of protecting his ear from the screech. It still rang in his ears however. "How dare you seduce my husband!" He'd known it was Sakura upon the line, obviously, Sasuke could not speak in such a pitch -though Naruto giggled in slight at the very thought. Still, both his brows rose at her accusation -he could not lift one at a time as his husband could so skillfully do- she was implicating as if Sasuke had held no part in their affair.

Naruto breathed out an angered sigh, restraining himself from saying anything too brash unto the woman. After all, she had every right to be upset at least, though he had thought she would put some blame upon her own husband, lest she was disillusioned.

"I did not seduce him." He made it as a statement, irritation already sparking in his tone. He glanced to the image of his husband in recline against the table chair, his tea firm in his grasp and a raised eyebrow cast in his direction. A twinge tingled up his spine for the curious look, nerves shooting down his back as an uncertain smile crested his lips in attempted complacency. Madara looked back to his tea, in a faux of having not heard anything, though it was obvious he was now invested in the conversation. "It takes two people to make such a mistake you know." A tan hand rubbed at his forehead, not particularly certain as to what he would say.

Another screech sounded from the line at his vague reprimand. Yet again he pult the phone away from his ear, ready to end the call already. Of course, she did not let him as her voice rang out yet again. "Don't even try your excuses on me! You'll pay for this you know, I'll make sure of that!" Blue eyes rolled at the thin threat, in pure cliché he stared at his nails in evaluation.

"For fucks sake Sakura, what are you planning to do? Spread a rumor through my magazine that no one will believe?" A scoff sounded plain through the line. He went to sit at the table near his husband, but as he sat his eyes were drawn to the pinched expression the man wore, the lines around his eyes showcased with furrowed brows. He tilted his head in confusion for the sight, but said nothing as he was pulled back into his phone.

Distilled by the sudden brightening twinge unto the woman's voice. "Nope! You'll see, you'll love it I'm sure." Then the dial tone filled his ears, and he stared unto the keypad in confusion before shrugging and filtering the odd response into Sakura being a strange woman as he flipped his phone closed. He looked to his husband, a smile forming on his features in mild amusement taken from the conversation, but Madara was hardly smiling -not that he commonly did, but a scowl had crossed his lips, his eyes were glaring at the table and a pale fist was clenched tight over the wood.

Again, Naruto tilted his head in confusion for the sight. Madara was such a stoic man, to see him angered in any manner was exceedingly rare. His own brows furrowed for the sight, of course it was plausible that he was irritated at the fact that Sakura had called him- he had written that she was his affair's wife after all. Still, that suspicion was dismissed swiftly, his husband was not so sensitive as to begrudge one indirectly involved with his mistake.

"Madara?" He questioned, receiving a sharp stare which had the blond reel back slightly. The animosity directed was one he had never before witnessed from the man.

"Did she threaten you?" Came a monotone question, and Naruto hesitated for a moment in answering, it weren't as if it was anything serious. "Naruto!" The sudden yell had him jump, he had not seen his husband ever before so riled, it frightened his mentality marginally, skipping his heartbeat loud in his ears, and tremouring his hands with the deep sound.

With his voice feeling cramped inside his throat, he muttered instead of properly speaking "well yeah, but nothing serious..." He curled in on himself as he answered, knowing his husband's detest in mutterance. Yet, the man made no move to chastise him as he normally would have. Instead he slammed his hand upon the table, shouted out a curse, and stood with force enough to knock his chair over, before walking with stomping steps -quickened- steps to their room.