𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 20

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

From Davina's death to Elijah's newly discovered love for me, too much was happening for me to return home. I somehow found myself entering the bar Sophie Deveraux was seen in a lot, Rousseau's.

Groups of people chattering throughout the bar brought some sense of normality. A content sigh escaped my lip as I set myself on a barstool.

I looked around at all the different groups of people. Some were older, while some looked as if they had only just passed the age of 21. It still amazed me how different life was compared to before I was daggered. I never grasped how the rest of my family adapted to the new world so easily.

A familiar voice behind me caught my attention. "Wait a minute, you're the lady who watched as Klaus compelled me to forget everything!" I quickly turned my head back to behind the bar to see an enraged blonde.

I exhaled In relief as it was just Camille. "Trust me, I did not wish for you to be treated that way."

"Yet I still was." she set out a heavy sigh, shaking her head as her anger faded away "Im sorry, it's just ever since Davina undid the compulsion, I've just been angry at everyone, even myself for allowing myself to be so foolish."

I swallowed the lump in my throat at the mention of Davina. "Is there anything specific I can get you?" She asked me, topping up some random person on the other side of the bars drink.

"Whatever the strongest liquor you have is." I answered with a half smile, receiving one back. "You're the one married to Elijah, right?" She questioned to carry on small talk as she poured me a drink, sliding it over to me.

"Was would be the best term." it still felt weird to say those words. I used to be so happy sharing that he was my husband, but now that happiness is replaced with sadness.

Cami looked back over at me with a sudden wave of guilt as she realised my marriage was a sensitive subject. "i shouldn't have said anything, I'm-"

"Please, its fine cami." I chuckled. "I was married to the man since the early 11th century, I've always been known as the original wife. Of course, people are gonna ask."

"Original wife?" she raised her name at the stupid name. "Vampires over the years decided that was a perfect title to refer me to. I never did like it, It sucked to only be known as your husband's Mrs, and not the fact you are the oldest female vampire to exist." I picked up my drink, smelling the substance to check for vervain – a habit I'd grown used to – before downing the entire drink.